Virginia Surgical Center, Virginia Beach, VA

Fast

I am a new member on this site and recently received 1500 grafts (FUE) 15 days ago to my frontal area...

I am not a employee, or paid person representing the Virginia Surgical Center, and I have noticed they are not affiliated with this site...

I will post pics of before and follow up pictures soon after. The staff has been very supportive and has included 3 months (once a week) laser treatments and have included head washes the first week.

I have faith that Linda Carnazza knows whats she is doing and has guaranteed the work. She preformed the extraction and transplants. They have informed me she is one of the best, and I hope I can prove them right!

Pictures will follow!!!

Thanks!

Fast,

Welcome to this community! Thanks for taking the time to share your hair transplant photos. I wish you the best of luck and hope you will continue to update us on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

d

I was under the impression Linda Carnazza was the owner, not a Doctor. I hope it all works out as planned.

She is the owner, but this procedure is considered non invasive, she did the extraction and implantation. The doctor simply filled my proscription and checked out my medical history.

They told me if I did the strip method, a licensed Doctor would make the incision and would close it up as well.

d

She is the owner, but this procedure is considered non invasive, she did the extraction and implantation. The doctor simply filled my proscription and checked out my medical history.

They told me if I did the strip method, a licensed Doctor would make the incision and would close it up as well.

Wow...

The doctor walked me through the whole procedure, explained what was involved, etc... He went through my medical history and went over the medication. And followed up midday to check the progress and spoke to me after the procedure.

He is not do the extraction or the implantation... I had an FUE procedure...

??????????

I have never heard of any reputable clinic in which someone other than a licensed surgeon performs the extractions or incisions. The survival rate of FUE grafts is primarily dependent upon the skill of the surgeon who is extracting them, so to hear that someone other than a licensed medical doctor is performing this type of a procedure is a little alarming. Good luck to you though, hope everything works out for the best!!

• Like 1

I have never heard of any reputable clinic in which someone other than a licensed surgeon performs the extractions or incisions. The survival rate of FUE grafts is primarily dependent upon the skill of the surgeon who is extracting them, so to hear that someone other than a licensed medical doctor is performing this type of a procedure is a little alarming. Good luck to you though, hope everything works out for the best!!

I was a little alarmed as well, but she took me through the whole process... Went with the .09mm, she shaved the areas not too the grain so she could see the angle of the hair (reduce the risk of transection)and the FUE extraction device she used has an adjustable head (not Neograft).

Just cause your an MD, doesn't mean you know better... HTs are pretty routine procedure. Its not open heart surgery.

I was a little alarmed as well, but she took me through the whole process... Went with the .09mm, she shaved the areas not too the grain so she could see the angle of the hair (reduce the risk of transection)and the FUE extraction device she used has an adjustable head (not Neograft).

Just cause your an MD, doesn't mean you know better... HT s are pretty routine procedure. Its not open heart surgery.

Just cause your an MD, doesn't mean you know better... HT s are pretty routine procedure. Its not open heart surgery.

I would hardly call HT's a routine procedure. If that was true sites like this would not exist as any monkey with a scalpel would be able to preform a HT. Nonetheless I wish you good luck and happy growing!!

• Like 1

In Colorado you are not allowed to cut hair with out a license. So that's how lubricious having a license can be.

By the sheer number of bad HT, a license doesn't mean much to me.

I would take a tech with 20 years of experience any day of the week versus a doctors who name is recognized.

That's really the missing standard with all these clinics. Their staff, how much experience they have, and how long have they been at the clinic.

I agree with Spex, very very scary. Before she is allowed to influence, shape, and "help" alter the future of fine young balding men, She needs a disclaimer at the bottom of her signature that she is not a Doctor

That is the first thing they disclosed.

I agree with Spex, very very scary. Before she is allowed to influence, shape, and "help" alter the future of fine young balding men, She needs a disclaimer at the bottom of her signature that she is not a Doctor

That is the first thing they disclosed when I chose to go FUE.

• 10 months later...

I had surgery at this location 2 years ago and it was a mess. I paid them thousands of dollars and none of the things they promised came true. The doctor wasn't even involved in any part of my surgery:mad:. Everything from the initial consultation to the surgery itself and followup appointments were all done by other people. My initial consultation was done by a business manager with no medical experience, my FUE surgery was done by people who weren't certified hair transplant nurses and the follow up was again done by Patrick Reynolds :mad:a business manager with no medical experience. They damaged my hair and left me to deal with lost money, insane migraine headaches and having to go bald because the donor area and recipient area bot looked like horrible:mad:. I eventually went to Dr Diep( He offers an out of state fee which is cheaper and is involved in every aspect of the procedure) for another FUE and 6 months later my hair growing. Virginia Surgical Arts ( **outside link removed** ) which also goes by the name Washington Medical Hair Clinics(**outside link removed**) located in Virginia Beach, VA is a fraud what ever you do DO NOT get an FUE at this location.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Funny, I most be dreaming then cause Dr Sergio Vendetti (I remember talking with him about Italy while he came in to give me shots for my surgery and then never saw him again, plus his name is on my prescription medication bottles) is the doctor, who was supposedly in charge of my extremely flawed procedure and from the webpages I posted you can see that they both have the same address. Washington Medical Hair Clinic, Virginia Beach, VA and Virginia Surgical Arts All you have to do is go their webpages and you will see that all the information I have provided is true.

Virginia Beach Office

1240 Perimeter Pkwy

Suite 401

Virginia Beach, VA 23454

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
Outside links removed.

• 3 weeks later...
I had surgery at this location 2 years ago and it was a mess. I paid them thousands of dollars and none of the things they promised came true. The doctor wasn't even involved in any part of my surgery:mad:. Everything from the initial consultation to the surgery itself and followup appointments were all done by other people. My initial consultation was done by a business manager with no medical experience, my FUE surgery was done by people who weren't certified hair transplant nurses and the follow up was again done by Patrick Reynolds :mad:a business manager with no medical experience. They damaged my hair and left me to deal with lost money, insane migraine headaches and having to go bald because the donor area and recipient area bot looked like horrible:mad:. I eventually went to Dr Diep( He offers an out of state fee which is cheaper and is involved in every aspect of the procedure) for another FUE and 6 months later my hair growing. Virginia Surgical Arts ( **outside link removed** ) which also goes by the name Washington Medical Hair Clinics(**outside link removed**) located in Virginia Beach, VA is a fraud what ever you do DO NOT get an FUE at this location.

Michael may be correct here in terms of doctors or staff but I think VSC was saying that they are not affiliated with WMHC AKA VSA. Patrick Reynolds is the current business manager of Washington Medical Hair Clinic which oddly shares the same address as Virginia Surgical Arts. Maybe Reynolds was was a former staff member of VSC and therefore VSA is correct to say that they are not affiliated, at least not anymore but that is just a guess. I may be mistaken but it appears the address you provided simply links WMHC to VSA not Virginia Surgical Center. But that's all beside the point of the OP.

A Hair Transplant procedure is a combination of art and medical expertise. The medical reputation and know how is far more important and should come from the same person that is designing the hair line or area to be touched up because only they will know what you can realistically have to give in terms of future surgeries. The initial consultation should also be done by a DOCTOR since they are the ones that will understand your medical history and the effects of the surgery. I don't like this movement that a HT is a simple procedure because anyone that has had one knows that it is far from easy and proper planning is key. It's not like getting your teeth cleaned or something. The biggest red flag of any clinic is a conveyor belt business model where the doc just does the cut and gives it to others to do as they please. It needs to be a team effort and unfortunately doctors are trying to remove themselves from the process as much as possible. That was my biggest mistake in my first HT.

Results speak for themselves. If someone wasn't a doctor and was somehow amazing at performing this surgery then I'd have no problem going to them IF they had the results from years of experience to prove it.

Edited by Hair2d2