1 year post-op

Well, had my follow-up, and the upshot: I agree with the doc that further procedures would just cause more visible scarring regardless whether FUE or strip, as my scalp has much reduced laxity from the three prior procedures.

Prior thread that shows my pre & post-op pics:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167505-transplant-3-8-mos-post-op.html

Only options at this point:

- wait for more growth (the ProScope did again show some weaker hairs popping out)

- wait for the next generation of HT (stem cells, cloning, regeneration, etc.)

- continue to use concealers in the meantime.

- body hair transplant to touch up the residual thinning

Speaking of concealers, I still have been using two: Couvre (for sides, rear hairline, and sideburns) and Toppik (for vertex, crown), neither of which are ideal options, but I have no choice if I want to look "restored". The biggest disappointment is that even after three procedures, I still have to use them.But I REALLY hate resorting to concealers. They are messy, potentially toxic, get on pillows and clothes, and consume application time, but I have no choice if I want to achieve the look I feel good about.

My doc takes great pride in his work and has done everything that is currently available today. He was disappointed and almost offended that I have to resort to using concealers. His rationale is that because I'm in my 50s, I should accept my hair as-is and that it looks good enough. But that is not what I paid for and is not my desired outcome.

I wear it pretty short which I realize is challenging for anyone who has had a good deal of loss even with multiple procedures (10K grafts combined total) as in my case. But I prefer it short and it looks markedly better with the concealers which means I still am LACKING DENSITY!

As you can see, using concealers vs. not (click the link above for past pics) is a huge improvement:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g207/CS2006/image_zpsf09d9a39.jpg space.gif

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g207/CS2006/image_zpse468e4b1.jpg space.gif

Doc argued with me to wear it longer, but I emphasized that even longer, you can still see thinning throughout the crown and rear.

At this point, I have no other options except the above ones unless anyone can share something I'm unaware of or missed.

This has to be one of the most severe cases of Hair greed that I have ever seen :) If you started at anything at or above a NW V, than this is a stellar result for 10k grafts!! A NW V and above will never look as though they never had any thinning in all lighting, period. It does not matter how many grafts you get or how ideal of a canidate you are with respect to charecteristics. I know its all personal and it only matters how you feel about it however.

I think you would benifit greatly from SMP. This way, you can ditch the concealers and it will give you that added density you are looking for.

Good Luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I found some of your photos in old posts and i think I agree with Cant Decide!

10,000 grafts is only enough to give a 12cm x 12cm area a medium-high density (70 grafts/cm2). It would be impossible for a NW5 to get anywhere near a complete, high density appearance.

Those pictures with the concealers look pretty good for a 50+ year old.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

This has to be one of the most severe cases of Hair greed that I have ever seen :) If you started at anything at or above a NW V, than this is a stellar result for 10k grafts!! A NW V and above will never look as though they never had any thinning in all lighting, period. It does not matter how many grafts you get or how ideal of a canidate you are with respect to charecteristics. I know its all personal and it only matters how you feel about it however.

I think you would benifit greatly from SMP. This way, you can ditch the concealers and it will give you that added density you are looking for.

Good Luck

SMP. Never thought of that. Definitely the least invasive at this point. I've only seen pics used for bald guys who want to give that shaved look. Can you post some before and after links showing for guys with thinning hair or strip scar lines that need to camouflage and touch up their scalp? I guess it's no different than permanent makeup. In fact, that may be a suitable "patch" or bridge for where I'm at before the next generation in hair replacement (i.e. replication/cloning) becomes available. Anything to replace the concealers! Thanks.

SMP. Never thought of that. Definitely the least invasive at this point. I've only seen pics used for bald guys who want to give that shaved look. Can you post some before and after links showing for guys with thinning hair or strip scar lines that need to camouflage and touch up their scalp? I guess it's no different than permanent makeup. In fact, that may be a suitable "patch" or bridge for where I'm at before the next generation in hair replacement (i.e. replication/cloning) becomes available. Anything to replace the concealers! Thanks.

There is an entire Forum catagory on this site dedicated to SMP. You should check it out. I really think this may be your answer.

Good luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

There is an entire Forum catagory on this site dedicated to SMP. You should check it out. I really think this may be your answer.

Good luck

Another option would be a beard hair transplant. Thoughts? Maybe a combo of both?

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck

Looks like Rassman's SMP clinic is the best one in the states?