Best Thinning Hair Shampoo????

Sorry if this discussion has previously taken place but I wanted to throw it out there again. My post-procedure graftcyte shampoo/conditioner is on its last legs and so I wanted to buy a new thinning hair shampoo. With so many on the market, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a brand and how it has worked for you.

I see a lot written about Bosely, Biota and Nioxin.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Though i haven't tired but after going through lots of stuff .. Regenepure looks quite promising !

I myself use Nizoral 2% twice a week and a normal anti hair fall shampoo on the other days.

I'm from Pakistan and regenepure isn't available over here :(

I have found that the non salon grade shampoos are just as good if not better than the salon grade. They are just as healthy to the hair/scalp in many cases as well. Pantene flat to volume is great as is Loreal vive mens thickening shampoo. Although they may not make the latter anymore. They are both very inexpensive as well. Head and shoulders volume shampoo is very good as well.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Nioxin is more of a scalp cleanser and invigorator. Nizoral claims that it removes DHT from the sebum layer of the scalp but because it is not regulated by the FDA, there are no clinical trials that I am aware of that would substantiate this claim.

Unless an individual has an excessive oily scalp or the scalp is continually exposed to dirt and debris, Nioxin is really not needed every other day IMHO.

Any product that improves hair shaft diameter is going to improve the appearance of the hair shafts. The dilemma is that I do not know of any that really do such. I also believe that the expensive salon products are over-rated about their claims.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks for all the replies. It seems that Regenpure and Revita have some good reviews on the site. Both have at least 1% ketoconozole, rather than the 2% in Nizoral. I may use those once a week or twice a week and use a less expensive thickening shampoo for the other days. I really appreciate your insights.