Re: Dermmatch use on Donor scar

Hello Everyone,

I am 22 days post op and I had a hair cut today. I tried to even out the size of my hair on the sides and back matching the hair at recipient area; but as expected my wide donor scar (especially on the sides) got revealed now. I read some of the posts regarding the dermmatch use to hide the scar. Is is safe to use it on the healing scar? Will it cause any infection or irritate the scar?

Your inputs are highly appreciated!

FUT with Dr Ron Shapiro on Jan 2013

2333 grafts- 1's 903, 2's 1261, 3's 169

"the starve for hair is like money.......you always want more!!"

Thanks for your response Dr. Glenn M. Charles. I finally got Toppik at a Hair Restoration center here in NC. I tried to get dermmatch at Walmart and other stores too but the product is available online only. Since I have a party this weekend and hardly have any time to order online, I brought toppik. I was little hesitant on its use on the donor scar because of the angle of its use on the sides and back; but its not that difficult of application and works wonders with Toppik fiberhold spray. Overall I'm able to hide the scar pretty well for now.

FUT with Dr Ron Shapiro on Jan 2013

2333 grafts- 1's 903, 2's 1261, 3's 169

"the starve for hair is like money.......you always want more!!"

• 1 year later...

Hi kred2,

Even I am in the same situation. I got FUT done like 10 months back. But now I have noticed hair thinning on sides and at back. Due to this, the scar gets visible. And it is very much visible when the hairs are wet. My hairs are smooth and thin. Do you think DermMatch can me?