Considering a HT - I Need You Opinion Please

I have been considering a transplant procedure. I have diffuse hair loss as you can see below.

Complete album at wheredahair.imgur.com

Whole album + other stuff

Top <--Large

aoC4V.jpg

Right

0F3V9.jpg

Left

AMuIk.jpg

Front

G9DcI.jpg

I know that this question is probably asked all night here, but I am trying to decide upon a doctor. I know there a probably a lot of doctors that are very good and reputable, but if it were to be narrowed down the top 5....?

Ron Shapiro, Minneapolis

Rahal, Canada

Hasson and Wong, Vancouver, Canada

Bernstein, NYC

Feller, NY

True and Dorin, NYC

See, a lot of people have a lot of good things to say about Rahal and Shapiro, but going to NYC would be easy and there are 3 doctors to choose one to see... It's a tough call.

I guess I have the money. Barely. But there goes getting my PPL (pilot's license), or just having some security money. But, honestly to regain confidence in myself and possibly be a little more outgoing and participating in life more, it's a justified move.

If you are feeling particularly helpful today, please reply here or PM me privately with any insight about choosing a doctor to consult with.

i no how it feels to lose your hair young, so if i was you since ur in florida i would first talk to local ht docs just to see what they say, dont use them just see what they say,, they will deff put u on propecia for sure, and if u decided to do the ht, im no expert but i think nyc has the best doctors, they will prob want to do a few sergeries on you but then again im no doc

Thanks for the information. Am I correct that those doctors I mentioned above are renowned to have good results and people have good experiences with them? I have diffuse hair loss so does that make a difference in choosing?

This is the biggest "purchase" of my life so far so I'm just trying to make an informed decision..

I know that this question is probably asked all night here, but I am trying to decide upon a doctor. I know there a probably a lot of doctors that are very good and reputable, but if it were to be narrowed down the top 5....?

Ron Shapiro, Minneapolis

Rahal, Canada

Hasson and Wong, Vancouver, Canada

Bernstein, NYC

Feller, NY

True and Dorin, NYC

Out of that shortlist I would choose...Dr Konior!!

But seriously, have you considered Propecia? It's worth a shot. Most people do not get sides and if you do then just give up the pills.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Wow you're not on some kind of finasteride product at all?? You better get on that ASAP. I can't remember who said it, and maybe this is just bogus, but someone told me it can help diffuse thinners moreso than regular MPB patients sometimes, since you just need to thicken up your hair all over, whereas once a receding hairline has receded and a crown bald spot is shiny-bald, it's freakin over for that particular area; all the follicles are flat dead and only a good HT can help.

At least the fin will hopefully stop the balding process in its tracks, and then you can get a low-density HT over a broad area to mix in with the remain hair there and majorly improve your situation.

But I'm no expert on diffuse thinning, so don't take my suggestions as any kind of gospel. Other thoughts here..?

Oh and P.S. - My HT was also my first major expenditure in life at $7,800. Great decision, too. You won't regret it.

@1978 - The Dr. Konior in Illinois? Have you had a procedure with him?

@Othersyde - No man i'm not on finasteride at all. I'm not because I took it previously and stopped because of sides. Problem is, the sides are still the same. I have been off of it for a year! So, either all that PFS persistent effects are true, or it's something else. And considering how psychologically damaging balding like this, in this diffuse pattern is, I am seriously considering taking it again. I have heard it works well for diffuse thinners like me also.

I would like to discuss that with a HT doc if I can settle on one to consult with.

Thanks so much for your reply!!

@1978 - The Dr. Konior in Illinois? Have you had a procedure with him?

QUOTE]

Not yet but I'm meeting him in about 2 months, with a view to booking something.

He posts results regularly on here. Very intricate work.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day