Eyebrow hair transplant

Paulsgirl

Hi, I had chemo about 3 years ago and lost most of my eyebrows. I'd now like to get a hair transplant on them and have just looked up Dr. Devroye in Brussels.

Would anyone recommend this doctor for this procedure or are there better alternatives? Thanks.

I'd recommend Dr. Devroye. I'd also recommend researching Dr. Feriduni as well.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 4 months later...

Hi Paulsgirl,

I am also looking into an eyebrow hair transplant and am so worried that its going to look weird and the hairs are going to grow all different directions. Did you find a doctor for you?

Hi Sam

I haven't had mine done yet. Am going at the end of the year, I hope. I think I am going to use Dr. Azar in Berlin.

You could ask for some references before going and ask others that have already had it done. Let me know if you find out any info that may be useful.

Hi paulsgirl,

Thanks for letting me know. I am still reseaching into the procedure and am at the beggining. Why Dr Azar? I have jet black head hair which is mostly grey and really dont want grey eyebrows which I dont want to constantly dye! I will keep looking into the whole procedure. Very scared about this. I am going through laser permanent make up removal on my brows which was a total botched up job and have lost alot of my own brow hairs. I am very depressed about the whole ordeal.

I am looking into 3 doctors recommended above but at the moment would be grateful for any recommendations. A very sad person :(

I nearly considered Dr Jeffery Epstien untill i read the threads on here. Thank god for this website. I will not be considering him.

Hi paulsgirl,

Thanks for letting me know. I am still reseaching into the procedure and am at the beggining. Why Dr Azar? I have jet black head hair which is mostly grey and really dont want grey eyebrows which I dont want to constantly dye! I will keep looking into the whole procedure. Very scared about this. I am going through laser permanent make up removal on my brows which was a total botched up job and have lost alot of my own brow hairs. I am very depressed about the whole ordeal.

I am looking into 3 doctors recommended above but at the moment would be grateful for any recommendations. A very sad person :(

I nearly considered Dr Jeffery Epstien untill i read the threads on here. Thank god for this website. I will not be considering him.

I had leg hair trasplanted in to the eyebrows. These hairs replicate eyebrow hair, and they don't grow long. Using head hair will result in extra thick looking brows that have to be constantly trimmed.

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

That sounds pretty traumatic, what you've been through. Its worse when its something on your face that you're trying to deal with...no hiding it.

For now, I just pencil in my eyebrows and nobody can tell the difference, except me.

I am not 100% sure about going with Dr. Azar but the research I have done on the web, suggests he is very good at what he does.

You can email them and ask them questions.

To start a new post, you go back a step and then click on New Thread.

• 4 months later...

Hi all, I called Dr Ragu Reddy's office and the Farjo's and they all want at least ?150 just for a consultation. Should they be charging these rates. I am looking into an eyebrow hair transplant and just don't want to waste my money if they are no good. I am looking into Dr Devroye in belguim and see Dr AZAR is not a member here. I can travel to the right person, but just dont want to make a awful mistake and end up with something i hate. Really dont know what to do or where to start. I am having my permanent make up (tattooed eyebrows) currently lasered and want implants just give me back my arch back and add density to the brows. I am indian with straight hair and know with my hair type this is not a easy procedure. Please any recommendations would be most helpful.