From an Extrovert to an Intorvert

Yes. It happens to many people. It could be worse.

People like me, mpssucks, and cvgb, (and several others) have additional underlying skin conditions that compound the effects of hair loss. You, and with the majority of people on the board have at least 2 options. A hair transplant if you are a candidate, or a shaved head.

Confidence and personality honestly do take you farther than and follicular locks.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I have to stared to overcome it now. For the past six months I have been Looking and acting like an asshole....

The looks are the same even now.. but my attitude is changing.. I am now accepting the fact of going bald... and now care less of my hair..(Am i pretending.. I don't know)

Shitty way to live like this... a Total lie

Hope I get past this....

Edited by sharan9895

• 2 months later...
I have to stared to overcome it now. For the past six months I have been Looking and acting like an asshole....

The looks are the same even now.. but my attitude is changing.. I am now accepting the fact of going bald... and now care less of my hair..(Am i pretending.. I don't know)

Shitty way to live like this... a Total lie

Hope I get past this....

I know what you feel like. It's kind of a two-path choice, go for a lifetime of trying to fix it. Or completely accept it and shave it. For me it was very hard to thin at an early age (college) because I had a lot of denial. The denial came from always being told I had the thickest hair as a child, so that fused into my identity and personal value. Whether that's right or not, it's how it happened and in college my personality showed some shifts of angst the more I noticed the problem.

I know plenty of shaved head guys who look and feel great, and a lot probably has to do with how they grew up or just how they accepted it. But I don't believe it happens to anyone without a painful time period.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I had a similar thing happen. I was quiet in grade school and middle school, but came out of my shell in high school and forged a new identity as the loud crazy party kid, then continued some of that into college, but once the hair loss set in and I started to suddenly look about 35 at the age of 23, I just clammed up.

I'm not particularly good looking, but I didn't have any outright flaws before that; looks are an asset and people judge you by them, especially in younger crowds. Suddenly having to walk into peer-groups and automatically getting classified as the old creepy-looking balding guy and being instantly disqualified and overlooked by any females was just too much. Couldn't let that go on. That's not where my place is on the social scale, screw that.

I am still something of an introvert, but I've more comfortable being more extroverted now (2 HT's later).