Time to pull the trigger...

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum... having lurked around for the past several months :)

I'm 47 and my hairline has been slowing heading north (in a very uneven and patchy way) over the past 15 years. The rest of my hair is fairly dense with no signs of hairloss past my current NW2 or NW3 situation.

My hair type is very fine, but luckily I have lots of donor hair. I've posted pics of my hairline and how I wear my hair to conceal my hairloss.

I recently have been chatting with Spex (who has been quite helpful) and I had a consult with Dr. Lindsey concerning a FUT procedure. He thinks I'll need between 1500 and 1800 grafts. I was very impressed with Dr. Lindsey and I think I'm ready, after over a decade of "thinking about it", to finally take the plunge and have my hairline restored.

Any words of advice or suggestion before I pull the trigger?

Much appreciated!

jeffhair2.jpg.86313bb411f912a03575bf6746bea5ec.jpg

jeffhair3.png.9df36c8d424b31ba1e649ca23c24bc97.png

You are a Norwood 3 Anterior.... and i think its Stabilised too... (Thick Sides).... Lucky to have that at 47

A Perfect Candidate for an HT as everyone says.... Use about 3000 grafts and you would be so pleased by the results (just my opinion)...

Hope you don't lose more hair ....

Good Luck

Your hair actually looks really good. I can understand that you would want a tweak though.

Obviously I am not a doctor and you have not really stated you goals but I also believe you would be happier with 2500-3000 or so grafts.

At your age, you can afford (in terms of graft usage) that much.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.