preventing a bad scar?

i skimmed the forums a bit and could only find topics about scar revision or camouflaging, however my question is a bit about preemptive care,

is there anything i could do to help my scar heal better, and possible smaller? i'm 4 days post op, and ive been washing my hair very gently everyday. my post-op instructions say i can be more aggressive with cleaning the donor area vs the recipient area.

with the shampoo i was provided, i first mildly rub my scar area to loosen and wash away any crusts/scabs, then i rinse and apply shampoo again, and let it sit while i wash the recipient area. afterwards, i apply a thin layer of the antibacterial cream i was given, then apply it again at night, without washing my hair again.

my scalp is pretty tight in the back, and i've had some significant swelling, so i just started icing the back because this is the first day it doesn't hurt.

anything else i should be doing? or once the staples are removed? i understand scarring is inevitable, but i hope to minimize it as much as possible while i still have the chance.

thank you!

Just try to avoid any activities/exercises which may put more stress on your neck for a few months. Like moving, dead-lifts, crunches, etc.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group