wearing a hat post op?

it's been about 4 days since i had my surgery. i'd say my graft area redness has decreased almost 60% and there is almost no scabs on my head. everything is lookin' pretty good!

everything except the stupid hat they gave me to wear after surgery :mad: it's pretty much a very large, loose fitting truckers hat.

my question is, would it cause problems if i were to start wearing a different hat? i have a slightly tighter but more visually pleasing snap-back truckers hat that i'd be wearing backwards and really loose. as far as i can tell, there seems to be very little to no pressure on my grafts, and i dont think there's a chance they're get caught on the cap and be pulled out.

i have orientation for college and frankly the other hat made me look like i was about to start shooting people up at any given second ;/

I wore the ugly hat my doctor provided for at least a week, maybe 10 days. then converted over to my own loose more attractive hat. i wanted to follow post-op instructions very precisely those first ten days to make sure those grafts got anchored.

Remember a few days of being uncomfortable is well worth decades of having those hair grafts anchored well in the first days post-op.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

You can wear any baseball style cap that is adjustable. If you want to wear a hat it needs to be one of these because something too tight may cause scratching to the recipient area and could dislodge grafts, and something too loose may move around too much and also cause problems. This is only necessary for the first 5 days. After that you can wear any hat normally, but obviously still be careful not to be too aggressive or hit your head.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians