Dr DeYarman/3104 grafts/PRP results

Great result! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr. DeYarman,

Thanks for presenting an example of your recent results. In my opinion, this patient's hair looks great.

You mentioned your use of injecting PRP into recipient sites. Can you tell us more about this process and how you feel it benefits the patient? Do you inject PRP into the recipient sites before or after the grafts are transplanted? How long does the process take? In what way do you feel PRP optimizes growth yield, especially given that growth yield is already typically very high in the vast majority of patients under an experienced physician's care and supervision?

I look forward to your response.

Best wishes,

Bill

I inject the PRP after making the sites. I inject .1cc every centimeter intra-dermal. Following the injection I massage the area for at least 2 minutes. The process takes less than 5 minutes.

The principle makes sense as when the body heals it will increase platelets to the area of trauma. With PRP you are able to get an increase in platelets to the area which should aid in the healing process. I feel anything that will improve the outcome should be done and because there are no side effects then I feel you are helping the patient.

I have observed that all of my patients that are having a second procedure where they did not get PRP the first time claim they have a better post-op course and the redness seems to clear up faster. I have seen patients start to grow in the second month but I am careful not to tell this to the patient as they could be disappointed if they don’t.