Any advice or input on FUE doctors

hotel76

So, after researching as much as possible on the internet I have decided to go ahead with FUE into my small scar and maybe some extra work on my hairline with either Ron Shapiro or another doctor whom I cannot mention in this forum due to legal advice from the forum’s lawyer??

I have spoken to consultants at a few well regarded clinics, and whilst there are those out there still saying the results from FUE are not as good as FUT, I have been more than happy with the results from FUE that I have seen. So am going to stick with FUE so I can try to eventually cover up the small scar I have from a poor FUT (poor placement, but thankfully a small scar)

I want to stick to the US. I am British, but work takes me to US a bit and I think the US market is ahead of any where that I would feel comfortable going for such a treatment.

So having narrowed it down to Ron Shapiro and the other un namable doctor, I am just wondering if anyone has any horror stories from either of these guys? or any recommendation I should look at elsewhere? Maybe so based on the un namable doctor?!

thanks in advance

Hotel76,

I am a British guy like yourself, and I would go with Ron Shapiro 110%.

They are one the leading clinics in the world, excellent in both procedures and a top notch long standing reputation.

All clinics will have had unhappy patients at some stage, but the best will have a very small proportion of them.

As for the other surgeon you are referring to, he is a talented surgeon, but I do not like the ethics of the clinic and the aggressive marketing tactics that they use.

One vote for SMG :)

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

thanks, I must say in my communications so far Shapiro have not been pushy at all, where as the other clinic based out of Atlanta and with a Dr whose name begins with the letter after B have emailed me almost daily and every time they answer a question they keep telling me about the dates available and that they are going quickly and also about special holiday rates offer. Which for a major life changing decision I really don’t want to treat it like something that is in the January sales or that I must ‘BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!’ mentality

thanks again

So, after researching as much as possible on the internet I have decided to go ahead with FUE into my small scar and maybe some extra work on my hairline with either Ron Shapiro or another doctor whom I cannot mention in this forum due to legal advice from the forum’s lawyer??

I have spoken to consultants at a few well regarded clinics, and whilst there are those out there still saying the results from FUE are not as good as FUT, I have been more than happy with the results from FUE that I have seen. So am going to stick with FUE so I can try to eventually cover up the small scar I have from a poor FUT (poor placement, but thankfully a small scar)

I want to stick to the US. I am British, but work takes me to US a bit and I think the US market is ahead of any where that I would feel comfortable going for such a treatment.

So having narrowed it down to Ron Shapiro and the other un namable doctor, I am just wondering if anyone has any horror stories from either of these guys? or any recommendation I should look at elsewhere? Maybe so based on the un namable doctor?!

thanks in advance

Hello Hotel76,

Appreciate the vote of confidence from cousins across the pond. There are a lot of good surgeons recommended on HTN. If you have found one your confident in then that is awesome. The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons recently established a special commitee on FUE with a distinguished group of international physcians on board. You might contact them: Hair replacement transplant | Hair restoration surgery | Hair loss doctors and get further information if you are still seeking it. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

the other clinic have emailed me almost daily and every time they answer a question they keep telling me about the dates available and that they are going quickly and also about special holiday rates offer.

Those are blaring red flags. Spanker's signature comes to mind here:

I'm paraphrasing, "Go with a doc who you need more than he needs you."

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hi - Concurring with many members above; HTN offers well recommended surgeons throughout the world. Go where there is not doubt in your mind. Keep us updated we actually really do care about the patient and the professional reputation of the top HT surgeons and the medical speciality of hair restoration. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum