My Keene Pics Are Up

Hairtobe

if all of 2500 grafts survive, or majority of them for that matter, i'm pretty sure that you'll be one very happy customer since it looks like that grafts are densely packed. i love the temple points work. keep the updates coming.

if you start using minox now you'll have to continue its use along with your fin (and that's forever). otherwise if you quit one or the other at some point, you'll be in for quite surprise. so think twice before you decide on minox.

happy growing!

Thanks much GQ. I am planning on taking the fin forever, so ok there. But your comment on the minox startled me a bit. Dr. Keene's office says that minox might help my grafts grow more quickly if used for 3 months post op and that I can then ween myself off (the implication being without any bad effects of doing so). Do you have a different point of view or understanding? Thanks.

I think alot of people here would love to have what you started with before your ht icon_smile.gif. The work looks great and you should have an amazing result in about 6-8 months from now

These next few months are going to seem to take forever. Happy waiting!

Hairtobe,

use minoxidil on recepient area only and make sure it doesn't go anywhere else. liquid tends to be less controlable while applying it (as it tends to flow everywhare), so yes foam would be better for you. i think short term use (6-8 months) won't make your new transplanted hair "minox depandable" as all it can do is to speed up the growth. keep minox as your last card in case your healthy hair on top starts to thin and if that ever happens to you then go nuts with it by all means icon_smile.gif

p.s.

i think 3 weeks post-op is when you can start minox use.

Love the hairline work. Good luck with regrowth and thanks for sharing your result.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley