Best Crown restoration

Who in your opinion does the best crown restoration? FUT or FUE doesn't matter, I am only concerned with results.

I've been doing loads of research but still haven't reached an answer to that question.

Happy holidays.

MJ2012.

I don't think there is a best surgeon for crown restoration or any type of hair restoration.

Ask the clinics that you have potentially chosen to perform your surgery to show you some of their crown restoration work.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Who in your opinion does the best crown restoration?

One of the main reasons I chose Dr. Wong for my surgery this past August at Hasson/Wong was his crown work. My nickname for him is the "King of Crown".

After a lot of study I just kept seeing outstanding crown results from him. In my opinion many doctors and patients think of the crown as more of an after-thought, but it was very important to me.

Of course one must be careful with crown transplants depending on the patient's age, balding pattern, and long term goals. Crowns can be the "black-hole" of grafts and eat up a lot of donor hair as the balding crown grows.

With that said I think Dr. Wong gets some of the best crown results in the world. Watch the short video below of Dr. Wong speaking about crown transplantation:

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Hi all, thank you for your replies.

Shampoo, the crown area is very important to me and I don't want it treated as an afterthought.

I am 38, already had 3 transplants (1,200; 1185; 765 grafts). I am currently a NW4 with with the crown being the most visible area of hair loss. For my next HT, I am hoping to find 4,000 grafts for a mega session with a top doc and my thinking is that I don't want any areas of visible baldness, I don't mind having thinner hair all over but let it be even all over.

I don't agree with the prevailing industry approach of packing the hairline and frontal third and leaving the crown with little or nothing, I wouldn't be happy with such a result as I would still consider myself as bald.

Are H&W the only ones using the lateral slit technique?

Are H&W the only ones using the lateral slit technique?

MJ, I would think many top doctors use the lateral slit technique or use it in combo with another technique....

Note: I believe Hasson/Wong developed the lateral slit technique.

Read more about the lateral slit technique at the two links below:

Lateral Slit Technique - Hasson & Wong

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/157908-does-lateral-slit-technique-provide-beter-yield-than-sagittal-slit-technique.html

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.