Incandescent Lighting

Spanker

I recently buzzed my whole head 3/4 of an inch. I have always done that as kind of a balding check, about once a year. It has been about 1.5 years since I shaved it last.

So of course I have been looking at my hair more that usual. My transplant looks great in any light, but as for behind my transplant, not so much.

I work in fluorescent light and it looks good, and even outside, I can not see any thinning, but get me right under an incandescent light and I pretty much have a panic attack. Not sure if the front hairline is so much more dense now that behind it looks more thin that usual or what. It is basically where my forelock is. I want to get it touched up but I am not sure it is bad enough that an ethical surgeon will mess with it yet.

I am really surprised at what different types of lighting can do and it really makes me look at before and afters photos in a different way.

Anyway, I may slowly thin there over the next 2 decades, or I may be a NW7 in 5 years. Until that incandescent light, I never would have noticed thinning in that area, just in my hairline. Had I noticed this 5 months ago, I may have been less aggressive with my hairline. It causes me to spend time wondering how freaking much hair is gonna fall out of my head. I really sucks to worry about the unknown. How far and how fast will I bald? How far and how fast will you bald? That is the crappiness in all of our predicaments. My nightmare is me being a NW7 with my lumpy Klingon head that makes babies cry.

Anyway. Long story short, I hate hair loss and I hate incandescent light. :P

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It is amazing how different lighting can make hair look very different. However, I have found hat even those heads of hair with no MPB look very diffeent under different lighting. This is especially true for those with finer hair caliber. I think those of us on here are so into our hair that when we see some scalp, we freak out but in reality, when you put almost any head of hair under bright light, you will see some scalp.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Lighting makes a lot of difference in before and after pictures.

I am not an expert by any means in taking pictures(probably need to speak to Jotronic about that), but I try my best by taking all my pictures outdoor in daylight.

That is why it is important to meet patients that have had work performed by the surgeon ideally.

You have an amazing head of hair Spanker at your age, and the work you have had done is excellent.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Many of the topical camouflage treatments discussed on this websites do a good job at minimizing the effects of lighting on the scalp. Give them a try if you have not already to see how your hair looks with the lighting that makes you look thinner, good luck