Presidential Hair Loss?

LookingToLearn

Am Curious as to what Norwood Class you feel President Lyndon Johnson fell into:

8304382532_df02525c1f_b.jpg

8304376786_84a99c8a85_b.jpg

8303329297_af996672de_b.jpg

8304383194_81abb864cb_b.jpg

8304386734_6d32d4bece_z.jpg

8304379768_491a31abd3_b.jpg

8303329123_79e3bfa435_b.jpg

8303326249_e88d702559_b.jpg

8303323555_c76d16388f_z.jpg

I ask because my hairline is similar in shape to LBJ's, but my hair is much much fuller in general (I'm 22). However, I have at the very front of my crown the little thin hairs that Johnson had, like this pic in terms of the miniaturized hairs at the front

8304379768_491a31abd3_b.jpg

Welcome to the forum Mr. President. You have only given us hairline shots. Without seeing your crown it is difficult to say what level of loss you have. Also, you slick your frontal hair back over your mid scalp - so it's impossible to say for sure.

I'd highly recommend having Vice President Humphrey take some overhead and crown pictures for you and then we'll be better able to assess your hair loss.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Welcome to the forum Mr. President. You have only given us hairline shots. Without seeing your crown it is difficult to say what level of loss you have. Also, you slick your frontal hair back over your mid scalp - so it's impossible to say for sure.

I'd highly recommend having Vice President Humphrey take some overhead and crown pictures for you and then we'll be better able to assess your hair loss.

LOL.

Best pictures I could find

Lyndon+Johnson+showed+off+his+surgical+scar+after+a+double+operation+to+remove+his+gallbladder+and+a+kidney+stone.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR-SuGjL-R_LFLQ_Z2WZJzgjj05BCXtDo1QhwbkWmyj3HS8R4O24Xqix3p

lbj_big_picture46152620.jpg

tumblr_m9u8v7TuDl1qlv77lo1_1280.jpg

1716173.jpg

tumblr_lp00bc5LKd1qhk04bo1_1280.jpg

haha funny aaron! Good one.

NW1 : excluded (i guess everybody would agree right?)

NW2 : IMO excluded due to lack of density

NW3 : yes, which is just fine when you're 60-70... but it seems like even as a young man he had a very high hairline and his corners and temple points (!) were already gone.

NW4 : possibly, because he does do a comb over (not in the classic sense : left to right or right to left, but from front to bottom). Which works really well for him as he has still a somewhat strong front.

At first I thought you were going to address Obama's hair status... and I was thinking : what? Obama is a strong NW1-1.5! Lucky him.

haha funny aaron! Good one.

NW1 : excluded (i guess everybody would agree right?)

NW2 : IMO excluded due to lack of density

NW3 : yes, which is just fine when you're 60-70... but it seems like even as a young man he had a very high hairline and his corners and temple points (!) were already gone.

NW4 : possibly, because he does do a comb over (not in the classic sense : left to right or right to left, but from front to bottom). Which works really well for him as he has still a somewhat strong front.

At first I thought you were going to address Obama's hair status... and I was thinking : what? Obama is a strong NW1-1.5! Lucky him.

what exactly are temple points? I ask because with my own hair it seems the hair by temples my temples have receded or thinned. Most men have very sharp, well defined temples--Mine are dull and sort of thin. They are still very visible, like LBJ's, just not sharp and dense. At the front, I have the same little miniature hairs that Johnson has. My hairline is sort of a very broad U shape.

One thing I have noticed is that the hair in a small area just above my sideburns is thin on one side. The other side is normal. But the thin side is not TOO thin--but thin enough that it makes it look like I have a gray bit of hair there, if that makes sense.

My fiancee, a cosmetologist, has noted that my hairline in the back, like the hairline at the back of the neck--at the very bottom--is thin. It is not overly noticable and is confined to the very bottom of the hairline on the neck. But she said my hairline has been like that since I was little, in childhood pictures of me. I am 22 now.

Howver, I have very thick hair, in that it is very dense and wavy. My fiancee says I have "too much" hair in that it is hard to style due to the density. In my case it is hard to tell if I'm simply worrying too much, or if I'm simply getting to my mature hairline, or if I'm on my way to hairloss. If I end up with a class 3 Norwood in the end, that wouldn't bother me terribly--I'm more worried about anything beyond that, especially a 5-7. I don't consider someone with a Class III Norwood to be "bald".....

Nice article Dr. Mejia. Reminds me of this thread I started a little while back.

We'll Have a Muslim President Before a Bald President

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Will we ever elect a bald president? See this journalistic viewpoint Below

Carlos Miller's Awakening

Very entertaining!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Great Post! On first perusal of the photos he looks like a Class III. But then one notes he wears the longer and comeback with I bet 'a little dab will do ya' Brillcream so popular to that generation. So he could have enought thinning on top to be a Class IV. But he looks good and distingushed and your tax dollars...better said your parents...hmmm...maybe grandparents paid a stylist a pretty penny to sport the distinguished locks he had until he left this world. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum