Switching HT Surgeons

CJK

Hi guys, so here's the deal: I had an HT done with Dr. Jae Pak here in Los Angeles in Jan of 2011. my hairline was brought done moderately and filled in, and now i want more density, a nice full hairline, like we all want ;) While the surgery was "successful" I think he is a bit more conservative than I would like. Also, given the rate I paid, I could probably get better coverage, with a more renowned surgeon for Pak's price or better, based on what Ive been seeing. I am willing to travel outside of LA. I am corresonding right now with Hasson & Wong via e-mail. Has anyone here had a successful surgery with another surgeon? Im grateful for any help, or advice, pics, or any helpful info. Thanks guys, Ill be checking for responses:)

CJK,

Welcome to the community, great to have you here.

In all honesty, regarding your request, I think it would be far more useful for you to check out the patient posted results section. As you go through, you will see not only the results through pre and post photos, but also very thorough write ups regarding experiences of Drs etc etc... I think that this way would be far more valuable to you, with much more feedback and information.

Good luck buddy!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

CJK...

How old are you?

What level of loss do you have?

Where is most of your loss...front or crown or both?

Are you taking meds?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

CJK,

Have you looked through our list of recommended hair transplant surgeons?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Ok CJK....

Like you my first surgery experience was with a very conservative surgeon, but with you being only 29 it is somewhat wise to be a bit conservative because you can't be sure what type of hairloss you could face 15 years from now when you are in your forties. And I promise your hair will be just as important to you then as it is now...if not more so.

I had surgery last August with Hasson & Wong and was very pleased with the entire experience. Dr. Rahal is one of the very best surgeons as well.

You may want review the interviews with all the surgeons to help make your decision. Plus watching the videos can be educational even if you are not going to that particular surgeon.

Interviews with our recommended hair transplant physicians

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.