Help, advice needed please!

attak

I had a 1600 Fut in March 2012 and started taking finesteride about a month previous to that. I went through a shedding faze and then at about the 3-4 month mark things started to turn arround and by about 6 months i was seeing great results. My hairloss had completely stopped and my hair had thickened up considerably.

Once i got to about 7 months, i started to get that tingling feeling in my head again every once in a while.... the feeling u get when your losing your hair to mpd:mad:. It would only be occassionally so i didnt think to much about it. I`m not reaching the 9 month mark and things have really gone south the last two weeks. Im starting to lose hair at a fast pace and constantly get that tingly feeling in my head that i had when i was losing my hair.

Ive upped my dosage from 1.25mg to 2.5mg daily for the past week and ahalf but it hasnt slowed things down at all.

Does this mean fin isnt going to work for me, or should i stay on this increased dosage for a while to see if it works. also should i attempt to use rogaine, and hope that the combination of the two can fix things.

i was using marijuana casually during the from the 3 month mark to about a week ago, but stopped after reading that it may increase dht levels.

im really depressed and angry now and could really use some advice. thanks.

You won't see immediate effects from doubling the dosage for only a week. I don't suggest raising the dosage without consulting your doctor because it won't necessarily help regrow or stop hair loss and it may cause you to get the side effects. I'm not familiar with a tingling sensation when losing hair, but if you feel like your scalp is itchy or something like that, I'd suggest you see your dermatologist so they can prescribe a shampoo or some other course of action. Just so you know people still go through periods of increased shedding throughout the year so this may be yours, so don't worry too much. Continue using the medication at a normal dosage and see what happens in the next few months.

Also a note, if you are experiencing this hair loss in your hairline then that is unfortunately something you may have to accept. The medication tends to not help very much in the hair line but rather on top and the crown, while the hair line may continue to recede. The medication will help you keep as much of your native hair as possible on top and crown while transplantation can help you in the hairline in the future if that's the course of action you want to take.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for the reply thehairupthere. i will definately consult my physician after the new years.

as for the itchiness, it is definitely related to my hair loss and not something that a regular shampoo would effect. ive had it right from the time i started losing my hair and its always in the exact areas that im losing it.

I dont feel like this is a regular shed, because I am seeing drastic miniaturization and hair loss in all parts of my scalp. As for fin not helping in the hair line, it actually worked great for me and i had absolutely zero loss in that area until this period...