Looking for advice on HT clinic

Hi

I'm looking at getting a HT sometime in 2013. I'm hoping to find a good clinic that isn't ridiculously expensive as well. Preferably somewhere up north would be good as well, but i can travel also.

Problem is half the information on clinics i find on the internet is from the clinics trying to promote themselves by giving there own 'reviews' (which amazingly always seem to be brilliant haha)

So far I've booked a free consultation with a clinic in leeds that belongs to the 'UK Hair Transplant Clinics' group. Seems to be hard to find any reviews on them because of there name, which I'm guessing could be a bag thing.

I've also seen a bit about the BHR clinic which seems promising.

I have also seen a few posts about people going to USA/Canada for treatment. Does this usually work out cheaper and does anyone know of any good clinics to visit out there?

Anyway any information would be much appreciated or if you know the best person to talk to, to get good impartial advice. Thanks

Get yourself as far away as possible from that clinic.

'UK Hair Transplant Clinics' , this is the clinic that has stolen all the before and after pictures from well reknowned surgeons such as Hasson & Wong, Konior, True and Dorin,Avind to name some.

It was exposed on another forum recently.

Hairloss Treatment | Hair transplant treatment | Hair transplant clinics

BHR are a top clinic.

This forum is a great place to find a top surgeon, and do your research.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Consider those reputable doctors/clinics which after much research, will ultimately meet your overall goals.

For example, if you have advanced classes of hairloss in your family history, and you know that you will need more than one procedure in your lifetime, then you will want to choose a surgeon who will help you manage your restoration goals over a lifetime. They will take the time to listen to you and not just someone who will put you in the OR because you want the procedure done and have the money to pay for it. Good ones will counsel their patients and let them know if the patients' goals are unrealistic or unachievable. The right doctor will inform you of all of your available options including medicinal. They will want to stabilize your hairloss before just starting surgery.

As far as the actual work, look for someone who does great work on patients just like yourself. Similiar hair characteristics and loss pattern. Someone who has the proven artistic talent and also the reputation as one who looks after their patients' best interest.

The more doctors you dialoghue with, the more sense of which one is right for you will eventually evolve you to the right professional you are comfortable with and someone that you can build a rapport with both before and after the procedure.

The more we patients understand about the benefits as well as the risks, the more we will know which questions to ask and to also better know the difference between being sold and being informed. The best doctors never push patients into the OR, rather they allow their patients to make the best informed decisions as they relate to their own individual situations and goals.

Look for as many patient examples as you can (pics) and meeting with them in person may be more difficult if you choose someone far away.

Still, don't be in a hurry. Take the time to get all of your concerns addressed and your questions answered. The decision to mave forward and even the timing will eventually come to you as you educate yourself.

Best wishes to you in your journey! ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY