Scalp Roller or Derma roller for hair loss?

AllAboutHair

I have tried it, but found it too painful for me to use on the scalp, where skin is much thinner. Even if you applied some sort of numbing cream before derma rolling, your scalp will still feel quite sore for a few days.

On it's own it will stimulate blood circulation, but I don't believe it will regrow hair. It may enhance the absorption of Minoxidil, so it becomes more effective. However, you would need to use less than the suggested dosage.

I must admit it works really well on face scars. I wonder how effective it would be on diminishing donor scar line, providing you can tolerate the pain and soreness.

I have ordered Nanogen 0.5mm scalp roller and waiting for delivery.

I too heard a lot positive about derma roller. It has two properties

1) Increases local blood circulation

2) Introduces collagen. (dont know if it happens with 0.5mm needles???)

Any ways i dont want to skip such a cheap technique to grow my hair after having spent a lot on it so far.

It allegedly helps with minoxidil absorption. Frankly, I don't think there is any conclusive proof that it stimulates circulation or collagen stimulation on its own.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I haven't seen any great case studies that show the effectiveness of the scalp rollers. I do think that it does cause micro trauma to the scalp which may help with absorption of certain products/medications during the repair phases.

I have been using my scalp roller that I got. Its really great. I should not look for dramatic changes, I know, but still it is helping in improving blood circulation which I can clearly feel from the liveliness of the hair.

Happy that my hair is receiving all the nutrients with improved blood flow..