Help please? Minoxidil twice daily

MyNameIsRich

Hey guys, been on the stuff for over a year now, twice a day, every day religiously. however, i'm finding that the hair on top of my head is a lot more frizzy, and looks pretty wild, even after I straighten my hair all over (yes, lol. I have curly hair it looks way better straight, that's why) so i think this might have something to do with it. I'm using Lipogaine minox which has Azelaic 5% as well as Minox, so I'm thinking maybe this is why, as my hair will often feel like it has product in it, and hard after applying it. not too nice.

As I was my hair once a day for the most part, do you think applying Rogaine after work (around 5) and then again before bed (Midnightish) I would be able to get as good or as close as results as I would first thing AM and last thing PM? It just seems that if i wash my hair in the morning and then style without the stuff, I'm gonna look a lot better through out.

• 2 weeks later...

I have problems styling in the morning hence I only apply minox at night.

I think applying in the afternoon and night probably won't deliver much benefit versus the cost of using more product.

If I remember correctly, Minox takes about 4hrs to get fully absorbed

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks for the advice, I'm back to taking it once am and once pm. I'm using the minox and azelaic liquid at night as it makes my hair really dry and is like putting lots of gel in my hair. Using a generic Kirkland liquid in the am, as it dries perfectly and on the plus side is dirt cheap! I'd advice this to anybody really