Stem cell For people with weak Donor Hair

Since i might not be a good canditate for a HT due to having thin & weak donor hair , i was wondering if i should go in for stem cell therapy for hair regrowth- I have gone on medications just recently namely the Big 3 to get some sought of improvement - Can i do a stem cell procedure in conjunction with the big 3 - please note that if i was a candidate for a HT , i would not have thought about stem cell at all - Another thing if after sometime , if there is a improvement in my donor hair & i find a good surgeon for HT - will it be possible for me to undergo HT after trying out stem cell therapy - Any & all help will be appreciated.

Obviously you are considering this type of therapy outside of North America.

IMHO, there really are not any cases that I am aware of whereby stem cell therapy was utilized to benefit one's hair characteristics or to counter-effect the debilitating effects of MPB.

My word, if you know any cases or trials, please share them with us or where you may have heard of this being performed.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

You may be referring to PRP and stem cell stimulation with a product called A cell. This a study we are currently undergoing. There are several case reports and presentations regarding the benefits. However there is no clear study proving any stem cell stimulation. It is a theoretical benefit based on the growth factors that are injected. We are hoping to get good results in men and women with androgenetic alopecia. We are also experimenting with scarring alopecias such as lichen Plano Pilaris.