Micropigmentation Ink Tone: Does Dr. Diep know?

scar5

I notice Dr. Diep now has a number of posts on youtube showing him tackling SMP cases. In the ones I looked at, the SMP ink tone is hideous. It is simply appalling. A grey ashish-blue that bears no resemblance to the victims' natural hair color. Interestingly however, the actual contours and design of the SMP impression appears to quite different suggesting that different clinics may have done the work. In one, the design appears to be good although the dots appear too large.

Dr. Diep goes on to make some choice comments on SMP,

"Like any tattoo, SMP has its down fall like inducing hair loss from trauma of thousands needle poking the skin to deliver the ink, the color will fade and the ink or pigments will move as the Macrocytes underneath the skin ingest the ink or pigments and move around. "

So, seeming the clinics will not tell us diddly squat about their inks, I figure we have to ask indirectly, by asking the doctors and clinics that deal with the victims. We need to know who is making us look like blue boys, (even if we don't barrrack for Everton or Chelsea).

Does anyone know who did this guy? .youtube.com/watch?v=RCNV5J83F7Y or does anyone know a way of making it easier to get educated and make better choices about ink. It is already obvious (what I DO know) is that some clinics use say 'brown' or tones, whereas others just use 'black'.

Let's dig this up!

The more time goes on, the more I realize that HT's and cosmetic surgery in general is really not at an optimal stage and most likely never will be. From the FUT scars(even if 1mm thin) to the possible transection of hair via SMP. Even FUE has some drawback but right now I think it's the best we have.

Agree Mickey.

Although there is no doubting that some guys are happy having an ear to ear scar and a 7000 Hasson and Wong 'homer' or a Feller 4000, and are quite happy to put concealer on the crown when they need a 'little help'.

As for SMP, I guess I wanna know about ink....and why does my SMP look blue and blotchy.(in various lighting conditions, including common photo flashes) Do I go for a touch up at the same clinic? Do I look for laser? Do I go to another clinic. It is a simple enough question, but damn impossible to make an educated guess about.

And I conclude,

a) Nobody here has any curiosity about ink tone, ingredients

b) Nobody knows anything about it

c) Nobody thinks the people who do know about it would be stupid enough to tell us

And so we blindly stumble forward...

It is quite possible to diligently study on the forums for years and get talked around by a rep/doc in minutes when you are exasperated and just fed up. You might be lucky after all!:)