10 weeks post op - PHOTO & QUESTIONS

I'm exactly 10 weeks post op. I had 4500 grafts in the front 50% of my head. I was totally bald. Here is my photo from today. I'm really not too thrilled with the results so far. No density at all. I have a lot of pimples with whiteheads on top of my head (like when I was a teenager). I wash my head with baby shampoo 2x a day but it itches a lot.

Am I just jumping the gun here at 10 weeks? I really thought I'd see more results by now.

Looking at the above photo can any experienced guys or doctors tell me if this is normal at 10 weeks? Do you think when this gets thick 4500 grafts will be thick enough to hide baldness? Thanks.

hairtp.jpg.21e3305f652946b40cc1fe2075d28e00.jpg

JTman,

There really is nothing to be worried about at this point. 10 weeks is nothing and if you are getting some pimple activity ( I see some in your pic ) then this is a good thing. You're starting to transition from the ugly duckling stage to the growth phase. I'm sure whichever clinic you went to will concur that this is just the beginning and you have at least eight more months to see the final result. From what I can see, you look normal for being 10 weeks.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Everything looks absolutely normal for this 10 week timeframe. Just try and sit back and relax. Over the coming months thinks will liven up a somewhat and you will start to see changes. Everybody, with your loss looks this way at your stage.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Am I just jumping the gun here at 10 weeks? I really thought I'd see more results by now.

Yes you are jumping the gun bigtime. I had 4352 done on August 14, 2012 and mine looks about the same as yours with maybe slightly more growth since my timeline places me slightly ahead of you.

My doctor and this message board emphasized full results at about the one year mark....sometimes slightly sooner or later.

I have put zero pressure on myself by convincing myself to have almost zero expectations for 8-9 months and then don't really make a final judgement until 12-14 months.

There was some guy on here posting recently that stated he was super-bummed out at 9 months with what looked like very medicore results and then BOOM.....at 11-12 months it all filled in.

It's tough at times....but sit back and enjoy the journey.

what other choice do we have?....LOL

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.