My Superb Result From Doctor Feller (9.5 Months Post Op)

spreadlocks

Thanks for the reply. Whilst you were on finasteride did you notice your hair thicken or just stop receeding? Is it not possible to just have another transplant if more hair falls out.. Surely this would be preferable to using meds long term... the more dht-resistant hair on your head I guess the better? I know there is a finite supply but with some folks having 10,000 graft sessions etc, does there not come a point where enough hair has been transplanted even to hide future loss? Do you mind me asking how much it cost you? (approximately). Cheers.

Easy mate. On the finestride I didn’t notice any regrowth but it just completely stopped the loss for me.

I can definitely have another transplant but even with a great supply you will never have enough donor to completely cover a full bald head at a high density like your natural hair. Imagine that you end up going full on Larry David Level Bad yeah. Think of how big the strip area of donor hair is. It’s maybe 25cm long and about 3 or 4cm wide. It probably looks like a slightly smaller ruler that you would use at school. Now think of how big the whole top of your head is. It’s what, 10 times the size of the strip donor area? Take a school ruler and think how many times you could fit that on to the whole top of your head. If you are not on meds you then need to make the hair from that slim strip area cover the whole top of your head which is a MUCH larger surface area. That doesn’t equate to a high density. Obviously you load a bit higher at the front and sparser at the back etc. but ultimately it is nowhere near an equal alternative to keeping your natural hair which is much denser.

I would never tell anyone that they should go on meds but I am happy to share my experience. I go to my GP and She gives me a prescription for 56 Proscar pills which costs me ?40. I split them in to 5 so that is a 280 day supply. I miss the odd day here n there so they last me about 10 months. 10 Months later I go back to the GP and repeat. It costs me virtually nothing and is very little hassle.

In the morning I swallow a tiny 1/5 of a pill with my morning glass of water each day. It is virtually zero hassle.

However I am not an expert on the health implications so can not shell out advice. I know some people have had issues with sex drive so have had to stop them. For me though there has been no side effects at all. I’m hornier now than I was when I was 18 J

• 1 month later...

Easy guys. So in a couple of days it will be 1 whole year since my ht which is crazy. This time last year I was nervous and apprehensive. Now 1 year later I just don't worry about my hair anymore. The testament is that in December I was in Bali. I would swim in the sea or pool, get out, let the hair dry and not a single fuck was given. Its one of the most liberating feelings I have had after years of trying to hide bald spots.

Anyway, i'll get some pics taken this weekend and get them posted on here. As you can see from my last pics it was already looking good. I have had further progress over the last couple of months though. I had one weak spot that no longer exists in the hairline : )

Top notch stuff mate, really impressive! Makes the whole procedure worthwhile when you see results like this. Gives hope to me and others about what can be achieved in our relentless quest for hair!