The Daily Mail Live

chrisdav

Male baldness: Drugs that can affect your libido, 13-hour operations and hair-covered membranes that are fused to the scalp | Mail Online

I was quoted in the Daily Mail hair article, but I was a bit disappointed my transformation pictures were not included.

It definitely does baffle me that the british press still cannot get all the facts straight in this industry :)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Congratulations to yourself ChrisDav for attempting to get genuine real information out to the public, and not a hard hitting controversial news article.

"The new hairdo should last for about 25 years" - Brilliant. Why didn't anybody tell me that. Ill be struggling again by the time Im 50!!!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Londonboycharlie,

'While some of the clinics in this country have an unimpreachable track record, the industry itself is still shrouded in mystery'.

I would say that is absolute garbage! I am reasonably patriotic about my country, but I am the first to admit that we have none of the industry leaders in this country, and the majority are poor.

With the exception of Farjo, they are picking the wrong clinics to get accurate information from in my opinion.

I have no problem with people using concealer, but I do have a problem with the main poster boy of one clinic marketing their clinic with his transformation shown with this in.

They are misleading their patients of what can realistically be achieved.

Ziering,Dr Gregg Williams,Advance Hair studio and Belgravia do no provide accurate information in my opinion.

The cost of hair transplantation is ALWAYS wrong, figures plucked out the sky and no formal explanation of the pricing structure for the two main procedures.

I do hope that people do not spend any of their hard earned cash on caffine shampoo or laser therapy but I will not hold my breath.

If the source of information was from a sample of recommended surgeons from this forum for example, the article would hold a lot more credibility in my eyes.

However, it is difficult to gain credibility when the industry is unregulated to a large extent in this country.

It is not the worst I have read :)

Edited by chrisdav

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Yeah I must admit I have noticed that also.

It might be the 'Wayne Rooney effect'.

The british view towards cosmetic surgery has always been different to North America, but maybe that will change over time.

Edited by chrisdav

Hopefully it doesn't prompt people to make rash decisions regarding their own situations. The media shove physical perfection down our throats these days and pick holes in anybody who deosn't fulfill their notion of how someone should look...sad really and shows what kind of a world we live in...vacuous and superficial.

I have just found something on Zierring website that is very strange.

Ziering Medical Surgeons Dr. Ron Shapiro Dr. William Yates | Ziering Medical

Why is Ron Shapiro featured on their doctors list????

Wow! How interesting? That one should prove to be a good explanation!

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hello,

The short answer here is, "no", Dr. Ron Shapiro does not work for or is in business with Ziering Medical.

Dr. Shapiro has always been gracious about teaching and lecturing in the field of hair restoration whenever he's been asked. We've had countless number of ht physicians view his technique at our clinic for years. Dr. Ziering is a good friend of Dr. Ron's for many years so when he was asked to "help" by letting newly hired Ziering physicians view Dr. Ron's technique as part of their training process, Dr. Ron agreed. I believe the term "help" got misinterpreted in Dr. Ziering's excitement of Dr. Ron's participation in his practice. Due to Dr. Z's busy schedule, he did not clearly explain Dr. Shapiro's role on his website.

Dr. Z will be taking down Dr. Ron's name until he's able to define his role better.

Hope that clarifies your questions.

Edited by Janna

Thanks for answering that Janna.

It is a shame the clinics here in the Uk cannot watch Dr Ron Shapiro as they need to :)

Janna,

Thanks for clearing that up. We have had no interaction previously (that may not sound right?), but always really appreciate your comments and knowledge. Your a credit to Dr Shapiro and the community!

This subject all sounds very "interesting" though!

Chris and Raph,

No problem.

Raphael,

Thanks for the compliment, really appreciate it.

I know you recently had a procedure with Dr. Rahal. I was this close to saying best wishes but I got called away. Of course you were in great hands so I think it was okay not to reply but I will post on your thread now.