FUT by Dr Feller 19 Oct. 1800 grafts + 200 extra

Arthur

Cheers for the comment Since13. The stick I've had and still get is relentless, some of the names I've been called over the years you wouldn't believe! All in good jest though. Got to admit, if this HT comes off I'm gonna be wafting my fringe in everyones face, payback time haha!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

These are my 1 month post op pics. I've still got a bit of numbness in my recipient area but nothing to worry about. My donor area is a little sore still and bumpy in places, doesn't help that I caught it a couple of times at work and with the comb, not good! The scar seems to be healing ok, I'm not too bothered about it if I'm honest, its the hairline I'm bothered about!

The only question I've got is, is it possible to shed hair without really realising?

This may sound like a stupid question and it most probably is. Its just that I'm struggling to determine what is my original hair and what is transplanted hair, I just can't tell whats what at the moment and Im sick of looking at it trying to work it out when I don't know the answer! Any info on this would help me out hugely.

5b32d55f0319a_iphonehair068.jpg.2870461ab413f9af34589a7465c46e5c.jpg

5b32d55f1390f_iphonehair069.jpg.f2c9a3952ce0809033116fcb2e1be9d9.jpg

5b32d55f2a0eb_iphonehair072.jpg.cbe0917d196106da9e38c06066d5e4f9.jpg

5b32d55f393e0_iphonehair073.jpg.af8fc7e99da71616f04284b071fe95af.jpg

Arthur. Its totally possible to shed without noticing. I hardly noticed. The only time I ever did notice is when I would see an odd little hair on my keyboard (its a white coloured Apple Mac). If you are like me it will have mostly shed and now is about as bad as it will look. However, in the grand scheme it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter whether its new hair, old hair, shed or not etc. The one month mark means nothing. Just ignore it mate and look back in a couple of months.

Cheers for the info guys! I was just worried about not witnessing any shedding take place and thinking I had kept most of the grafts and my head is still looking bare. You've really put my mind at rest so thanks for that.

The last month has flown by so just another 2-3 more of crappy ones to go then hopefully by then the fun stuff will start!

Cheers for the info guys! I was just worried about not witnessing any shedding take place and thinking I had kept most of the grafts and my head is still looking bare. You've really put my mind at rest so thanks for that.

The last month has flown by so just another 2-3 more of crappy ones to go then hopefully by then the fun stuff will start!

What you are worrying about is exactly what I thought and worried about. In fact I did up until about 3 months like a fool. Mate. Go to my blog site here and have a look at my 2 weeks pics Hair Restoration Journal for spreadlocks - 12 Days Post Op

then my one month pics Hair Restoration Journal for spreadlocks - 1 Month Post Op

In that time I noticed no shedding but look how much had actually shed. You'll be in the same situation. Just be happy you haven't had much shock loss :)

Wow! I totally get what your saying now I've looked at your pics. Its exactly what I was thinking and worrying about. I felt a bit stupid worrying at the 1 month mark and now its really put my mind at ease knowing that its just par for the course. I was shitting myself over it at the weekend and now its like a weight has been lifted.

I've read other peoples blogs and they said that it used to fall out in their hands and could see them in the bath after a shower. I saw none of that so started to panic a little. Panic over now tho! I'm due another haircut this week sometime, it doesn't look that bad at all so now I'm just gonna wait and let nature take its course.

Like you say, at least no shockloss. That can only be good news!

Thanks for your info man!

Wow! I totally get what your saying now I've looked at your pics. Its exactly what I was thinking and worrying about. I felt a bit stupid worrying at the 1 month mark and now its really put my mind at ease knowing that its just par for the course. I was shitting myself over it at the weekend and now its like a weight has been lifted.

I've read other peoples blogs and they said that it used to fall out in their hands and could see them in the bath after a shower. I saw none of that so started to panic a little. Panic over now tho! I'm due another haircut this week sometime, it doesn't look that bad at all so now I'm just gonna wait and let nature take its course.

Like you say, at least no shockloss. That can only be good news!

Thanks for your info man!

Glad you are feeling better about it mate. I've just posted my 1 month pictures.

I haven't really noticed a great deal of shedding, but if i look at my pictures from today and two weeks ago i can see i have lost most of my new hairs.

What you are worrying about is exactly what I thought and worried about. In fact I did up until about 3 months like a fool. Mate. Go to my blog site here and have a look at my 2 weeks pics Hair Restoration Journal for spreadlocks - 12 Days Post Op

then my one month pics Hair Restoration Journal for spreadlocks - 1 Month Post Op

In that time I noticed no shedding but look how much had actually shed. You'll be in the same situation. Just be happy you haven't had much shock loss :)

Thanks for that. Really helps when you are at the same stage as me and Arthur are currently.

Hi Arthur

I've managed to upload some pictures to my profile which will show you my progress at month 3, hopefully these will set your mind at ease. I'm trying to figure out how to post the link and once I have sorted this then I'll add the link. If anyone can help please let me know.

Cheers

Hi Glasgoirish67

Just checked out your pics, things are looking up for you mate. Must be a great feeling when you start to see some growth!

I'm not looking at mine as much now to stop me from fretting about it. Its helping actually!

Be interesting to see how your crown turns out, my crown is thinning and if I do need anymore work in the future then thats where it be. I'm on the meds tho so hopefully they'll sort it out.

• 1 month later...

Easy guys. Ive been on holiday for the past couple months so not been active. I figured i'd hit you up as you are now probably around that 3 month period where you start to think things should be happening because of the bullshit you have read on the Internet : ) I just wanna remind you that its completely irrelivant in the long run.

How is the ht looking mate? Has anybody noticed at work or anything?

Hi mate, I'm 1 week away from the 3 month mark so i'm gonna be posting my photos next week. Didn't bother with month 2 as I was busy and to be honest there was jack shit happening!

Little hairs sprouting through but they are so small and thin I really have to look hard to see them so still not too much to report.

Native hair slowly growing back and I definitely think I've got away with it so I'm happy with that.

Not even bothered to look at my scar as it really doesn't bother me so when I take the photos next week it will be the first time I've seen it for 2 months, feels a little bumpy but all the numbness has now gone.

I'm glad I'm over the first 3 months as they are the hardest!

Well 3 months has passed by and here are my updated photos.

Nothing much to report really although I am seeing some tiny wispy hairs poking through, barely visible unless I tilt my head at a certain angle and under the correct lighting so its all technical shit!

My head is completely back to normal, no numbness front or back. My only problem is the pimples, some are massive and really sore but I know its all part of the process.

I suppose I'm over the worst now but I'm not going to get carried away by expecting to wake up one day and find its all grown in overnight, I still know I'm playing a waiting game......worse luck!

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated....cheers.

5b32d65407453_iphone3129.jpg.247463008c1e48b9446c12cdfd10bda1.jpg

5b32d6548ea48_iphone3130.jpg.9fd8d8e4f1bfa7f68afd84aa7f0218b4.jpg

5b32d6549e76c_iphone3131.jpg.4cc8dd76ef96c0e710abf55ec3b36af3.jpg

5b32d654b5047_iphone3132.jpg.00a24ea1a67c4cc5a2f0ef43312344c9.jpg

5b32d654cc6e1_iphone3133.jpg.6353e386ed154a412a32b4db100dc999.jpg

5b32d654e25bd_iphone3135.jpg.41500ad638c1c3339d672f7ced88260c.jpg

Good luck man, looking good. Definitely the doldrum period is hard, I had to let myself pretend I didn't have a transplant so i didn't look in the mirror or worry that something went wrong. The real goods come in around month 5. Break a leg!

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

Cheers guys! It has been a slow process to date but slowly but surely I feel like I'm getting there. Its pretty shit posting on here when there's hardly any progress, can't wait to see some sort of a change in the coming months.

There is some activity but you need the eyes of Superman to see it and I def can't get it on camera, it really is that minimal!

Trying hard to ignore it and carry on but I'm useless at that. At least I can look forward to summer as by then it should really have taken hold and hopefully I might be able to have that dream haircut I keep thinking about!

Man, its good to see you are trying to forget. Just don't think about where you should be at 3 months. Don't look at where other people were at 3 months. Forget all of that. Also I started using toppik at 3 months. Are you using it? Some light brown toppik in the front of your hair will have that looking amazing. Its unreal stuff.

Its tough when you see people who have growth at 3 months and I think why isn't that happening to me?! Everyones different and I know you were a slow grower and you ended up having a killer result! Seeing results like yours with all the doubts you had keeps my spirits up and will keep me going.

Not tried Toppik but I've seen a few people really rave on about it so fuck it yeah I'm gonna give it a try, its pretty cheap aswell so even if its not for me then I'm not losing much.

All the hair that you can see at the moment is my 2 previous HT attempts which is why A it doesn't look so good and B I decided to get another so hopefully Toppik will help me out.

Arthur,

I was a bit down at 3 months as I had some shockloss and had gone through the 'ugly duckling stage' just like you have now.

Things picked up considerably for me in the following months and I am sure you will be no different.

I attached the picture of myself at 3 months against 7 months.

5b32d656e5161_Chris3monthsand7monthscomparison.jpg.80e419e0fe829cf0e3dac841f481896e.jpg

Edited by chrisdav
Including picture

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks for your comments Spex and Chrisdav.

At least I now know that I've got to wait possibly a little longer than others for growth (just my luck!) and I've just gotta carry on as I have been and not to worry too much.

Chrisdav, the difference in your pics is immense! Gives me hope of whats to come in the coming months. You must be over the moon!