Crown growth

I had a HT 5 months ago. 1500 grafts, most on front hair line. About 600 on my crown. The crown had some existing hair. The front grafts are very visable and growing well. The crown I can not see any growth what so ever. Can you have different growth periods? Im concerned nothing is going to grow there.I dont even see any sprouts. I know you are suppose to wait about 12 months before you can see a more complete picture. Anyone give me any advice?

hey bud

unfortinatly crowns just take longer to grow than the front , nobody has ever really explained why , and if they have I've never seen it .

i'm 15 months out from 2100 crown grafts with Dr Feller and even now I'm still getting pimples and new stubble from my grafts .

Hang in there buddy and give it atleast 18 months for you crown to be something like .

check out my own 15 month progress , below is a link

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/143109821

try to be patient

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

to echo what richie said, the crown is notorious for taking longer. 5 months is nothing in terms of growth for any part of the head anyway. be patient, it will grow...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Brady1212,

Welcome to our discussion forum.

5 months is still very early in the hair transplant maturation process. In fact, many patients don't even start experiencing growth until between 3 and 5.

As others have said, crown growth takes longer to come in for some patients. Also, depending on your level of loss, don't expect 600 grafts to make a significant cosmetic impact unless they are places in a very small balding area.

I'm sure overall though, you will have a nice cosmetic difference if you've selected a doctor using up to date techniques.

Best wishes,

Bill

To answer Bill's question about the 600 grafts. If you parted my hair down the middle, the 600 were placed in the very back of the part in about a 2 1/2 inch radius. When I had the transplant done I inspected it at home. I could only count about 40 to 50 scabs. Did I get cheated or do some grafts not have scabs?

Brady1212,

You won't get a single visible scab for every graft, it wouldn't even be possible in the space transplanted unless the scabs were minute.

I recieved 2300 grafts, I didn't count the scabs but for sure there wasn't anywhere near 2300 scabs.