Grafts in strip scar- Dr.Arvind

onebaldman

I had got my strip surgery performed in Mauritius about 18 months ago.

The strip scar is not as bad as some I have seen on the forums but it is visible when I buzz to no.3

so I decided to get some Fus transplanted into the scar by fue during my last sitting with Dr.A, Delhi on 9 june 2004. I got 50 grafts in the strip scar(total 1900 fuse/fue grafts). I had read that yield is not good in strip scar(50% they say).

I had my wife count the no. of grafts growing last weekend. 40 grafts are growing (a couple of them are curly but I hope they will straighten out with time).

I am planning on getting 1000 fue grafts on 8 Nov. I plan to design a website this time. I think fue into strip scars is going to offer a ray of hope to many strip scar stricken like me.

U may email me at singhmp1@rediffmail.com

enhhz

I had got my strip surgery performed in Mauritius about 18 months ago.

The strip scar is not as bad as some I have seen on the forums but it is visible when I buzz to no.3

so I decided to get some Fus transplanted into the scar by fue during my last sitting with Dr.A, Delhi on 9 june 2004. I got 50 grafts in the strip scar(total 1900 fuse/fue grafts). I had read that yield is not good in strip scar(50% they say).

I had my wife count the no. of grafts growing last weekend. 40 grafts are growing (a couple of them are curly but I hope they will straighten out with time).

I am planning on getting 1000 fue grafts on 8 Nov. I plan to design a website this time. I think fue into strip scars is going to offer a ray of hope to many strip scar stricken like me.

U may email me at singhmp1@rediffmail.com

enhhz

Glad to hear your FUE into scar is growing well. Look forward to seeing your site when its up and running.

I myself, had several strip scars (a couple good ones and a couple of not so good), My latest HT with Dr. Shapiro I chose strip HT and in the process he did "scar revision", consolidating a few scars and in the process made a new scar that is almost undetectable (I can hardly find it). So I understand your situation, it's good to know that there is more than 1 way to correct this problem.

Best of luck.

Hi Onebaldman,

It sounds like you about four months post-op so more should be coming. 40 grafts out of 50 growing is remarkable and by your pic it looks like it is coming along fine for only 50 grafts! That's 80% re-growth. Keep us advised of your progress and we really appreciate the photo. Congratulations!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...

how did your fue go. did u plant any bodyhair too. I hear Dr.Arvind is very much into bodyhair transplants.

Going to Dr.AP for Body hair transplant and fue

I'm somewhat distressed about my strip scar from surgery in July 2003. I don't believe it is comparatively worse than average, but I have always worn my hair quite short on the sides. The FUE solution seems promising... is there any other solution, via plastic surgeon or otherwise? I am unclear on one important issue: If I have an additional procedure will there be a second scar, or can the donor area be consolidated with my existing scar? I think I'd rather be bald than have an unexplainable scar on the back of my head.

Hi there Ira,

Welcome to the HTN forum! Before you make any decision to move forward, read all you can about FUSE/FUE/FIT technology so you are aware of your "complete" options. This research will also better equip you to know what basic questions to ask the doctors. Only a few of the doctors in this technology have done implants into scar material with documented success as was previewed in the above photo. How wide is your current scar? Do you have adequate scalp laxity? Many times the existing scar can be taken out with the new strip harvested so you only end up with one scar. But you must have adequate scalp laxity to accomodate this.

Since you already have a linear scar, you may want to consider your next procedure with strip to move more hair "cheaper", providing you need alot more coverage. Then you can have implants into the final scar to camouflage it. Best wishes to you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY