1000 graft Hairline HT - Dr Devroye Brussels

beardywierdy

Hi All - I had a hairline tweak with Dr Devroye, Brussels, September 2012 – here is a rundown of how it all went

I have had previous surgery with Dr Feriduni, a great surgeon and nice guy (Feb 2009), which was 2004 grafts to the hairline and behind and the results were fantastic; my hairline was restored with good density and my confidence was restored. I have been thinking about a hairline/temple angle tweak for some time; the hairline needed a little refinement (in my opinion - although forum members who met me commented that it looked great, so I guess it is hair greed!!) and I felt that the temple angles needed a tweak, and at 43 years of age, I felt that another small op was not too risky, hoping that there are enough grafts in the bank for future use).

I won’t go into travel and Hotels too much, needless to say that I paid ?36 return to Charleroi airport with Ryan air and it costs around 22 Euros return on the (half hourly coach) to the centre of Brussels. Claudia at the surgery is excellent with arranging all the details.

Why Dr Devroye? - I have seen Dr Devroye’s immediate post op results (and inter op) in person and felt that they were some of the cleanest I have seen and his attention to detail on the hairlines was amazing, real artistry. He is also a very nice guy, very modest and easy to get along with. The team of techs are excellent too. At the pre op consult the day before the op, we decided on around 1000 single hair grafts to feather the hairline and modify the temple points.

I was nervous on the day of the surgery but it all went smoothly. The numbing injections were fine this time around and then the strip was taken which is a strange feeling but obviously pain free. Dr Devroye made the incisions and he placed the grafts himself. We had a quick break for lunch and then Dr D finished off with the ‘Stick and Place’ technique and he finished around 3 pm. I will have to check re the exact number of grafts, it was around 1000, all singles. I was amazed at the end, as it was hard to tell that anything had been done. In fact, I had a coffee in the hotel and nobody noticed. I sprayed the recipient area every 20 mins for the following 12 hours, as directed.

The following day, I went back for a post op check, had some lunch and then back home. I was given the usual travel pillow and pain medication but never needed any pain relief. I was also given antibiotics and Medrol for the swelling and never suffered any swelling at all.

All in all, it was an excellent experience and a big thanks to Dr D and his team.

A big thanks to Mick from Farjo who offered to help with the stitches removal - top guy, Cheeers Mick!!

I have uploaded the entire pictures that were taken, to my album, which can be found here:

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

Thanks

Beardy

Edited by beardywierdy

Beardy,

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the details of your procedure with Dr. Devroye! The work looks great and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how awesome your hair is going to look when it grows in.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Congratulations Beardywierdy.

Your hair looks great already and this final tweak should be the icing on the cake.

Keep us posted.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

my sister has relaxed hair that used to be long, healthy and strong. Since she've recovered from thyroid disease, her hair's been thinning and falling, not too drastically but it's growing super slowly. she eat healthy, drink lots of water and stopped wearing extensions. What are good hair treatment for hair loss? I heard Ren? Furterer bulbs were good but do you have good suggestions?

Beardy,

Congratulations in selecting an outstanding physician to perform your hair transplant. Having seen dozens of his results and speaking with him in person several times, I've always been impressed by his dedication and passion for providing his patients with the very best results.

Heal well and keep us posted on your progress.

Bill

I congratulate you on your surgery with Dr. Devroye! But at the same time, it is also strange hearing 1000 strip grafts, all singles :).

Your hair is awesome for your age. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Your hair already looks great mate, so it's gonna look stunning in a years time.

Is there a reason you didn't go back to Feriduni, and instead opted for Devroye? And why did you opt for FUT and not FUE for so few grafts?

I'm aiming to do something similar to you, but can't decide between FUE or FUT.

Hi

I opted for strip for the 2nd HT as I already have a strip scar anyway. I opted for strip the 1st time around as I could not get away with a shaved head in my job. In some respects I wish I had bitten the bullet and had say, 2 FUE sessions of 1500 grafts. But what is done is done. However, I still believe strip is better for larger sessions.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Cheers

Hi StevieG, I've had FUT and my scar's healed incredibly well- I researched the surgeon and chatted to guys on here, who all said that the scar is really neat. Obviously it may vary depending on technique, surgeon etc, but I am confident I'll be able to have a grade 2 or 3 when all's healed and back to normal, with no sign at all. I've never had a fully shaved head so it wasn't even a concern for me. I guess if you want to wear your hair very short at the back, i.e. shaved then it is a big factor. Check out my latest pics, just had a grade 6 across the scar area, 7 weeks after surgery.... You wouldn't have a clue what's gone on under there!

Thanks for the info madmod. You took some excellent pictures and i'm looking forward to seeing the results of your procedure.

You're right, there's absolutely no sign of a scar despite cutting your hair quite short. I would be over the moon with a FUT scar like that.

Can you tell me who you had the procedure with?

Cheers Stevie- I'm one of the guys on here that has been to Dr Saifi, in Worclaw, Poland. He's not affiliated to the site but I took a couple of years to make my decision and chatted to 4 or 5 guys here that had had procedures with him. I have to say I can't speak from much experience of hair growth just yet, but it was a superb procedure- incredibly neat donor scar, quick healing and virtually pain free (I'm not great with pain!) I'm very happy with things right now, and just can't wait to start seeing the results. If you need any info, don't hesitate to get in touch...

Beardy- funnily enough, that's what I'm hoping to get back to as well!! Fingers crossed all...

Thanks Madmod, I've seen a lot of Dr Saifi's results and they are impressive. I've had a online consultation with him and he seems really nice and helpeful. That is one impressive donor scar - even right after surgery, it's almost unnoticeable.

I'm looking forward to seeing your results. Please keep us updated!