Shock loss!!! Ahhh.... The bain of my existance!

I just had my second FUE and once again... I got shock loss. I had my procedure done on Sept 10. Does anyone know any helpful tips that can help with (1) covering up the bald patches and (2) help with helping hair to grow back in those patches quicker? For one, I just gave myself a very tight (skin) fade to try and cover it up some. That didnt make it look any better and plus you can now see the red dots on the back of my head. After my first procedure, due to the shock loss, I was forced to shave my head to attempt to try and cover up the bald patches. I dont want to do that this time so I am going to try and hold on to a HIGH, close ('tight') fade and just pray that it doesnt spread larger.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.

Neal

The shocklossed hair will come back on it's own in a few months, but in the meantime you can use concealers like toppik or dermatch to cover up the bald patches.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Neal,

Sorry to hear this. Not too sure what a skin fade is, but good luck with that. Depending on the size of the area of shock-loss, why not try some type of concealer. Dermatch or Nanogen, depending on your location, and stick with this until your hair returns. Also, its recommended by quite a few members, to get on MSM. Its tablet form, and increases the rate at which the hair grows. Its speeds up the cycle. Dont know how true it is regarding medical/scientific proof. I used it for a while a few years back and didn't see any major difference but many members swear by it and I will definitely be using it post-HT in an attempt to speed things up. Its available without prescription from most health stores. Good luck! Hope this helps!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thank you Raphael84 and Thehairupthere for your responses. By the way, a skin fade is essentially a military haircut - no guard on the sides, faded up to a fairly short hair length on top. I just purchased DermMatch so hopefully that will help cover up some of the bald spots. Where I got the shock loss at is on the side of my head and with my hair style now, I hope that DermMatch can give me that "5 o'clock shadow" look on the sides. We'll see...

As far as supplements go, I am currently taking Propecia, a multivitamin, 400 IU of Vitamin E, 5000 mcg of Biotin, 100 mg of zinc and a B-Vitamin... why not add MSM. I hope it helps my hair to grow faster. Last year when I got my first FUE, trying to cover up the shock loss was the worst part of the whole experience. I was such a pain.

I hope its not as grueling this time...