Temporary Like Achilles

Here is a question for you Senior members:

I wonder how my hair will look in 10-15 years from now if I go through with a hair transplant even from a top doctor.

Lets say I had to get off Propecia (if I wanted to have a child) or for any other reason.

Im thinking long term here

Any long term HT patients out there want to chime in with their experiences?

It all depends on how much native you have and how much you lose. At your age you should be pretty good. You have nice hair as it is. I would feel very comfortable if I were you. That said, I do not know how long you have been on fin and how much you would lose if you got off.

Go to the search engine on the forum and type in "years" and then chose "title only." Not sure if that is the exact wording or not, but you can see where I am going with this. Hasson and Wong have several posts that have 7 years or greater results. They were pretty impressive. Many patients have to have touch ups though. It is a crap shoot but you look like you are in better shape than most.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks Spanker. Ive been on Propecia for the last 6 years. I'm pretty sure I would lose a good amount of hair if I stopped.

I checked the search engine like you suggested and found lots of really interesting posts.

Thanks for the help.

Magnum

I'm 53 and 7 years post-op from H&W with no meds and my hair hasn't changed.

Unfortunately its very difficult to predict what your hair will do in 10-15 years. Great donor hair and a family history of limited hairloss helps your odds of success. If you're destined for NW7 then not much is going to stop it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My HT Blog

I have lots of high nw people on my dads side and not on my mom. Most of my dads side went bald much younger than me. I don't know how much family history can tell me about my future. Nobody can guess what is 10-15 years down the road.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.