For those who combine HT and propecia

Are you concerned with that may happen in the future, i.e if propecia stops working and you lose all your native hair. Or if the transplanted hair thins or falls out?

These thoughts didn't stop me going ahead with my procedure 5 weeks ago, but it does cross my mind what the future may hold.

I suppose I'm aiming at those with half a head of native hair (that they've kept on to with medication) and transplanted hair. I'd obviously love to think that between medication and my HT then I will be set for life but I'm aware of the fact this may not be the case. What's your views?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Are you concerned with that may happen in the future, i.e if propecia stops working and you lose all your native hair. Or if the transplanted hair thins or falls out?

Tommy....of course anything is possible, like at some point in the future some adverse effects could be discovered about Propecia, but that could be said for just about any drug we take for any medical condition.

I seriously doubt Propecia would "stop working". It's pretty much a fact that Propecia lowers DHT's chances of being able to kill hair follicles prone to it's effects. That is not going to suddenly change.

As far as the transplanted hair, it would be very unlikely that it would fall out even if Propecia "stopped working" because transplanted hair is not programmed to react to DHT.

If Propecia did stop working or some adverse effect like a cancer link with Propecia was discovered, then yes native hairs could be in trouble. But if that were to happen, by that time hopefully some medical advances will be upon us making many of these issues mute points.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I have read of people's bodies suddenly rejecting propecia after a certain amount of time, but then there are others on here who say they've been on it over 10 years so...

Still, all good right now so no point worrying/speculating. I was just a bit curious about peoples thoughts and if they're concerned at all.

Thanks for replying!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon