Dr. Panine - Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic - 3,334 grafts/10 Months Post-Op

This 42 year old gentleman originally met with me 2 years ago. He expressed his unhappiness with thinning in his crown. He indicated that his thinning had just become noticeable over the last 2 years and that his hair loss seemed to be accelerated over the last year. He had very fine, blonde hair with average density in his donor area. After establishing his medical history and understanding the progression of his hair loss, I diagnosed his condition as Androgenetic Alopecia (male pattern baldness), ruling out any other possible dermatological or medical conditions which can cause hair loss. I recommended that he should consider taking Propecia to try and control further hair loss. I then proceeded to find out what his expectations were; he stated that the crown was his #1 priority, but the thinning of the front was starting to bother him too. I explained to him that I could address his thinning in the front area along with the crown, with the main emphasis being on the crown. After building up the crown, the remaining grafts would be used build up the frontal 1/3, without bring his hairline down; simply creating more density within the hairline he currently had. The patient received 3,334 grafts of which 1,875 went into his crown. The remaining 1,459 into the frontal 1/3. These results were taken 10 months after his surgery. As of today, the patient has been taking Propecia for the last 2 years and the Propecia has controlled further hair loss without any side effects.

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Slide6.JPG

Slide7.JPG

Slide8.JPG

Slide9.JPG

Slide10.JPG

Slide11.JPG

Slide12.JPG

Slide13.JPG

Slide14.JPG

Slide15.JPG

Slide16.JPG

Slide17.JPG

Slide18.JPG

Slide19.JPG

Slide20.JPG

Slide21.JPG

Slide22.JPG

Slide23.JPG

Slide24.JPG

Edited by skindoc
update URL for youtube

Very natural transformation! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I am one of your biggest fans, Dr. Panine. I was pleased to see that you yourself posted on here. I wish you could find time to post more often.

This patient received great coverage for the number of grafts he received. It's very natural and I know he is happy with the results. His donor hair seems to be fine and the density isn't that great, so you did a great job with what you had to work with.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

RCWest and Future_HT_Doc - Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to review my posts and share your thoughts.

RCWest - I'll make the time to post more often as I am delighted to see that the pride I take in my work is appreciated and shared among forum members like yourself.