Hair Transplant Surgery Post-Op Day 3 and 8

skech84

skech84...we have something in common.

we both had surgery on August 14, 2012.

I have had some minor itching issues with the top of my head and found that Kleenex Cool Touch tissues help (they are extra soft). When I get an itch I simply grab one tissue and gently wave it back and forth over the top of my head. It is not heavy enough to bother the graft sites, but it has been just enough to take care of the itch. I have yet to have itching at the donor site.

I get my staples out Tues August 28th.

When are you removing your sutures/staples?

ps: appreciate the videos

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I get my staples out Tues August 28th.

When are you removing your sutures/staples?

ps: appreciate the videos

Shampoo

How is your healing coming along?

I'm getting my sutures out this Friday August 24th. I was told to wait 9-12 days and that'll be day 10.

I'm glad that you appreciate the videos! Thanks for letting me know that.

Shampoo. How is your healing coming along?

It's coming along well as far as I know. I am probably overly conservative about being gentle showering and otherwise with the graft sites. My small neck pillow has been a real lifesaver for comfort in the recliner watching TV and in bed sleeping.

I have had some minor sharp pain off and on in one particular area of my donor area. I have pretty much isolated it to one particular staple or two. I am hopeful upon staple removal that the pain will fade away.

I have not had any shockloss or grafted hair loss yet, but I guess we both can expect that coming in a couple of weeks. Your surgery area appears much easier to conceal than mine (i was shaved down), but I have just decided to have an "F-it" attitude and not really care what people think. Rather look a bit funny for 10-12 months than look bald forever!

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

skech84,

Great video blogs! Thanks for taking the time to document and share your experience. Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I also had a HT recently. August 15th, 2012. I get my stitches out tomorrow. August 24th. I was told as of wednesday to start gently massaging the reciepient area in the shower to start dislodging the scabbed areas. I have noticed some hairs falling out. They instructed me that it was fine and not to worry. I have read so much about what to do and not to do. I did as instructed. The only way i dealt with my itching was I would every now and again gently tap on my head with my fingers tips as this alieviated some itching. does anyone on this site believe what I have done up to this point damaged any of the graft sites? and if i did dislodge a graft site would I know?