Mature Hairline - Welcome Feedback From Middle Aged

sharan9895

Norwood II ... Yep That's where i am right Now and i'm 22

I Think the Mature Hairline Myth is somewhat true... I Had a NW 1.5 hairline before but Last year i noticed Certain Changes in my body...

My beard got thicker and the funny mustache changed into a somewhat stronger one...

My chest hair creeped up a bit.. also Noticed Thicker Hair in my Hands and Legs... Overall i was feeling like being a MAN :cool:

But what just collapsed me was My Hairline Receding:eek: .. Last August I was losing Considerable amount of Hair at temples.... Freaked out I went and Consulted a Derm... He was NW 7 :D .. He just smiled and Prescribed me Biotin Lotion...

Significantly it had no effect on My Hairline but it did improve the overall quality and Texture of my Hair :rolleyes:

Since then i have been a Constant lurker on Forums freaking out my selves certain days..

I Started Noticing my colleagues hairlines... Everyone had almost similar Hairlines... But 2 of them had a Thick Juvenile Hairline.. They didn't have Manly Characteristics (No beard, chest hair, Mustache) and I Usually tease them being Feminine...

Now the Tables have Turned now as we are NW2 our Hair styling Options are Limited :mad:... Combover Sucks.. They Still Have those thick and Dense Hair with no Recession (NW 1 maybe). Lucky fella's...:rolleyes:

There's No Hairloss now... 5 -10 Hairs a day...

I now have a plan to monitor my Hairline for 3 years and if it doesn't recede then I Would Probably Restore to a Strong NW 1...:rolleyes:

Someone Please clear this..

Does Having an HT ruin your eligibility for Future Treatments (Like adreans, Histogen etc)

I am considering this serious because they looks promising at least Adreans..

And If Some PGD2 Inhibitor is going to halt Baldness within 3-4 years then every1 can be an HT regardless of the age factor. Baldness would be History then

The only Way my Hair Loss neat is when it is cut short... :mad: It would have looked better if i had a Widows Peak .Could Sport a Pierce Brosnan Hairstyle... ;)

Norwood II ... Yep That's where i am right Now and i'm 22

I Think the Mature Hairline Myth is somewhat true... I Had a NW 1.5 hairline before but Last year i noticed Certain Changes in my body...

My beard got thicker and the funny mustache changed into a somewhat stronger one...

My chest hair creeped up a bit.. also Noticed Thicker Hair in my Hands and Legs... Overall i was feeling like being a MAN :cool:

But what just collapsed me was My Hairline Receding:eek: .. Last August I was losing Considerable amount of Hair at temples.... Freaked out I went and Consulted a Derm... He was NW 7 :D .. He just smiled and Prescribed me Biotin Lotion...

Significantly it had no effect on My Hairline but it did improve the overall quality and Texture of my Hair :rolleyes:

Since then i have been a Constant lurker on Forums freaking out my selves certain days..

I Started Noticing my colleagues hairlines... Everyone had almost similar Hairlines... But 2 of them had a Thick Juvenile Hairline.. They didn't have Manly Characteristics (No beard, chest hair, Mustache) and I Usually tease them being Feminine...

Now the Tables have Turned now as we are NW2 our Hair styling Options are Limited :mad:... Combover Sucks.. They Still Have those thick and Dense Hair with no Recession (NW 1 maybe). Lucky fella's...:rolleyes:

There's No Hairloss now... 5 -10 Hairs a day...

I now have a plan to monitor my Hairline for 3 years and if it doesn't recede then I Would Probably Restore to a Strong NW 1...:rolleyes:

Someone Please clear this..

Does Having an HT ruin your eligibility for Future Treatments (Like adreans, Histogen etc)

I am considering this serious because they looks promising at least Adreans..

And If Some PGD2 Inhibitor is going to halt Baldness within 3-4 years then every1 can be an HT regardless of the age factor. Baldness would be History then

The only Way my Hair Loss neat is when it is cut short... :mad: It would have looked better if i had a Widows Peak .Could Sport a Pierce Brosnan Hairstyle... ;)

Hey Mate!

If you have the need to resolve hair loss now than HT is the natural, proven and permanent solution. It does not ruin your chances for future treatments should they actually come available; but and many patients eliminates the need for future treatment. Age, future hair loss predictability would all play a factor. Best advice is from an HTN recommended physician. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

The later in life you have a HT the better. Most people don't recommend it until you are mid 30s.

You should get on Regaine/Rogaine Foam (I wish I did 5 years ago).

You need a doc to look at your scalp under a microscope to see if there's any miniturisation going on before even thinking about a HT.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mates,

I am sorry to disagree with the mate above. Each case is individual. Though the norm is as Matt stated. Make sure you take the time to have an evaluation. Medication may work for you but you have to see if there are side effects for you, especially if there is going to be long term use. Matt is spot on regarding getting the microscopic evaluation. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

• 1 month later...

I read sharan's post and I feel like I am reading about myself.

I am 22 and I am NW2 (atleast thats what the doctor said, personally I feel I am creeping towards NW 3).

The thing is I was seriously considering HT and even went to a very famous clinic in my town(Delhi, India). But the doctor, she refused to recommend me HT . She told me that there is no way to guess your future balding patter. So I need to wait for few years.

I must tell you that right now my hair fall is like 10-20 hairs a day. Infact I always had hairfall from last 5 years and fortunately never was it so less. I believe that my hair loss has stabilized and my hairline would not recede for long time (HOPEFULLY). Please correct me if I am wrong.

However this decrease in hairfall has come after a couple of months of drastic hair shedding. Infact,so much that now,people have even started commenting about my receding hairline which was never the case before. This made me really worried.

So, should I go for HT or wait for few years and see how the balding develops. Seriously I like my current state of hair and I would be happy if they remain like this for rest of my life(I wish). But also being 22 I am jealous of my friends having full head of hair I want to enjoy my 20's too. I am really confused . !!

I read sharan's post and I feel like I am reading about myself.

I am 22 and I am NW2 (atleast thats what the doctor said, personally I feel I am creeping towards NW 3).

The thing is I was seriously considering HT and even went to a very famous clinic in my town(Delhi, India). But the doctor, she refused to recommend me HT . She told me that there is no way to guess your future balding patter. So I need to wait for few years.

I must tell you that right now my hair fall is like 10-20 hairs a day. Infact I always had hairfall from last 5 years and fortunately never was it so less. I believe that my hair loss has stabilized and my hairline would not recede for long time (HOPEFULLY). Please correct me if I am wrong.

However this decrease in hairfall has come after a couple of months of drastic hair shedding. Infact,so much that now,people have even started commenting about my receding hairline which was never the case before. This made me really worried.

So, should I go for HT or wait for few years and see how the balding develops.I like my current state of hair and I would be happy if they remain like this for rest of my life(I wish). But also being 22 I am jealous of my friends having full head of hair I want to enjoy my 20's too. I am really confused . !!

100 percent sure that you should wait. Any clinic that would work on a solid NW 2 as young as you are would not be ethical in my opinion. Even of they did, the hairline they would give you in the corners would need to be pretty high so you would likely not be happy anyway.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Even of they did, the hairline they would give you in the corners would need to be pretty high so you would likely not be happy anyway.

My corners have pretty thin hairs most of which are miniaturized. I would be really happy if they are thickened up,even if the hairline remains as it is.My question is, can the currently healthy hairs be effected by HT?

If they are healthy native hairs and you use a good doc that will not transect them, then they will stay.

You say that you just want to thicken the hairline you have but the issue is that if you are really a NW 2, then your hairline is likely much lower than what a doc would place if he were workiing with a very thin and almost nonexistent hairline. So, if he just thickened it at its current location and you end up being a NW 6, then it may end up looking unaturally low.

If your family history is favorable then it may be worth the risk but I would advise against it. If your hairline is decent now, wait a while and if it stays unchanged over say the next 3-5 years, then it may be worth getting it worked on. It is critical you get on Finasteride ASAP if you can tolerate it.

Good luck.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Thanks for the advice and my dad is bald for as long as I could remember . He tells me that I have much more hairs than he used to when he was my age. However everyone at my mother's side have rich and thick hairs. Damn, if only I had her genes!

I am on menoxidil and am taking Laser Treatment from Advance Hair Studio for last 8 months. May be they kick in late.I will wait and see how my hair reacts.Have been getting this advice a lot lately. I will post my pics soon so you can judge by yourself.

Thanks again Cant Decide .

=Cant decide;2323069 It is critical you get on Finasteride ASAP if you can tolerate it.

Good luck.

I have heard that finasteride can have very harmful side effect. Someone on this forum has even gone to the extent of claiming it to be a "poison" .Is that right?

I have heard that finasteride can have very harmful side effect. Someone on this forum has even gone to the extent of claiming it to be a "poison" .Is that right?

Use Fin only if you see Miniaturisation beyond Norwood 2 ... Its not that Bad.. But it aint goodd...

Minox always fucks your hairline if you have lots of Miniaturisation... Trust me... Use it only if you plan it to use for a long term... Applying it daily is such a pain :mad:

I used fin for 3 months, got side affects, stopped and returned to normal in about 1 week.

It's worth a try. I don't believe a lot of the scare stories about permanent affects but that's my opinion.

You should ditch the Advanced Hair Studio Lazer Therapy. That company is universally considered a waste of space.

I have already paid for the treatment .I have like 10 sittings left.I am looking to complete those and see. Are there any harmful effects of lasers too? So that I may discontinue it.

Laser treatment can be paticularly harmful to your wallet.

Oh, and it doesnt work either.

Laser treatment can be paticularly harmful to your wallet.

Oh, and it doesnt work either.

Hello Cr1tikal,

Matt, got it right. Lasers do not have proven clinical efficacy and your money would be better spent with proven medications or bona fide hair restoration. It will highly unlikely yield the benefit you are looking for. Consulting an HTN surgeon is your best bet. All the Best Michael.