Minoxidil Shedding +advice

Kyo

Hi Everyone

New to the forums here, and apologies for another 100th Minoxidil shedding thread.

My Background

I am 36 and have been losing hair for the last 5 years or so. It been really tough as i had to finally admit that i was getting older and had to accept that I was losing my hair. This was a good thing as this first step allowed me to overcome denial which then enable me to think what can I try, to at least do something about this. I am normally a very confident guy, particularly around people but lately really had my confidence shattered and very conscious about my hair because of my treatment.

I'd say i am a norwood 2. I have a double crown and the area around it is thinning a little which then made me decide that i was going to do something this before it gets any worse.

Treatment

I have done a lot of research and seen my local GP a few times before making my mind on what i was going to try. CEDeoudes59 has a superb website which helped immensely and currently using his recommended regime.

Minoxidil - Currently using Lipogaine am and Spectral.UHP pm daily. Using in combination with azelaic acid 20% cream every other day. This should topically help increase blood flow and disperse DHT.

Microneedle - every 2nd day to help better delivery of minoxidil.

Ketoconazole - using regenepure shampoo to help clean scalp and also do something about DHT.

(Considering taking Finasteride as well but don't want to rush into this one. Was thinking to at least try it?)

I am almost 4 weeks into my routine and i originally had slight thinning around the double crown (vertex right?) area. Over the course, i have shed quite a bit of hair, particularly after washing with Ketoconazole shampoo and having done my homework i realise this is part of the process but nethertheless i can't help being very distressed.

Unfortunately my crown area that was a little thin, is now very thin and quite noticeable, not quite bald but it getting there. I know this can last quite a few more months but at this rate despite armed with knowledge, still finding it difficult to relax :(

Seen many good videos from CEDeoudes59 that confirm this is normal and nothing to be worried about. Read lots of great articles too particuarly this one http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/148765-shedding.html which has been very helpful.

Living over here the UK there is very little support about androgenic alopeci, particualrly with the NHS. My doctor has been supportive but i get the feeling i know a bit more about treatment and understandbly he has to deal with much more important, serious matters.

I guess i am pretty depressed and feel really uncomfortable and embarressed to talk about this particularly to close friends and family. I think a few has noticed but are thoughtful enough to not comment.

Having spent a few hours around here, this community seems to be the right place for getting support. There is not many place in the uk where you can talk anonymously to someone who both understands and is familiar with the situation without them trying to sell you something.

Anyway thanks for reading and apologies for book. Writing this has helped get this off my chest.

Any help or advice on shedding would gratefully appreciated.

Kind Regards

Kyo

Ps - any dea how this forum noob can add friends. Currently says i dont have permission to do this?

Edited by Kyo

Does anyone know roughly how long the shedding phase lasts? Hair definitely way thinner in the crown than before i started. Still cant help being concerned even though i know this is normal.

Only thing keeping me going is the success stories i been reading.

Btw read a lot of good stuff with Rogaine foam, i thought the liquid stuff would be better because it penetrates better to the skin?

Thanks for any advice .

Cheers

• 3 months later...

I was on the same boat too when starting Minoxidil. I hanged on there and the shedding did stop after 1.5 months for me. Hair got stronger from there on. Everyone sheds at different rate and length. I haven't gotten a second shed but it is common according to others. Hang in there guys!