Dr. Gallagher-Philadelphia

Strongly considering going with Dr. Gallagher for FUT on crown. I need 1000 grafts. Any updates or reviews or comments?
This is the third time you asked if anyone has reviews on Dr. Gallagher from the Gallagher Medical Intitute... I already gave you feedback on this doctor.. Don't have work done by Dr Gallagher.. He ruined my life and others on this forum.. He was quietly removed from this forum from my understanding. He is doing very outdated work.. If you want ultra refined worked call Matt Zupan from The Shapiro Medical Group and he can assist you on anything you need with having a hair transplant.. His number is 952-239-6810.. I would highly recommend Dr. Ron Shapiro or his brother Dr. Paul Shapiro.. I wish you the best in your search but Dr. Gallagher is not a good choice.. Below I attached 2 photo's of Dr Gallagher's work. You will see how pluggy and outdated his work is. If you also search the member East Coast he got butchered by Gallagher as well..

....jpg.6c143ad6616d2d82fad8cd4b0bf7d089.jpg

......jpg.22a693b8a7efc43e3b68eaa1bbc74c23.jpg

Here is another unhappy Gallagher Patient...

image.php?u=156162&dateline=1272232449 EastCoast user_offline.gif

Mentor Real Hair Club Member

icon1.gif

Here is a definition of a butcher recommended on this sA little bit of my backround:

Donor hair considered a 9, on a 1 to 10 scale.

NW level before HT -- Confused.

Scalp laxity-Very tight.

I went to Dr. Gallagher's office and was greeted by Tom S. He had a terrible hair transplant. I was assured that was a mini-micro, outdated procedure. Dr. Gallagher said I will be a six, maybe a 7, on the norwood scale by 40. I was quoted 800 grafts. I was told I was a NW 5. I had a full and thick crown and back. I did not think I was that bad for say 2500 grafts. When I asked why so little grafts Tom told me the other places lie to charge more money. The strip from the first HT was taken very high. I asked why. Dr. Gallagher claimed he thought I would not go that low (first lie as they said a possible 7.) The scar stretched causing ingrown hairs. The HT came in around 3-4 months. It looked extrememly grafty. When I asked why I was told to wait till the other gratfts grew around it. I was also told by Tom I would not need another HT for 10 years. I had shock that never returned. I looked grafty and could not understand why every one else could not where a hat after a couple of weeks. I had couple fu's (4 to 7 hairs). My hair is so thick that it stood out from the thinning hair. I told Tom my friends said it looked grafty. He said to find new friends. He said I would have been totally bald in that area so cut myself a break. I really needed a soft hairline. Dr Gallagher who I so naively trusted said get the front done, it most important. I did the front. The hair line 7 months later was most 2 and 3 fu right in the hairline. At this point I have been wearing a hat for 13 months. I went out once or twice without a hat. People would grab there hair and look at mine. I did not look natural. I had redness and ridging for 8 months. I went to ask why and was told I would need a touch up. I was despearate for a normal, natural hairline. I could not get another strip due to laxity. I finally went to Dr. Jones who said the grafts looked doubled up. I had a 350 fu touch to hid the grafts. It did work. Again I had masssive shock from Dr. Gallagher. I then had 1000k fu from Dr. Jones to cover all the work. I may have to go back to have the 2's and 3's removed from my hairline if this does not camaflage them. I am currently 6 weeks post op from 1k fu with Jones. Thru fue we were able to retrieve tiny fu's for a hairline. I will know in 6 months if it turns out ok.

I might add that I have 2 scars from Dr. Gallagher. One high and one low. The lower one which was the second scar almost healed 1 mil. The first was high and did stretch.

I have a total of 3250 grafts. I don't know how many coupled fu there are. I was told 800 would last 10 years. I was told they would cut out the first scar for the second ht. We I got there I was told it could not be done. I was told not to worry about scars, you can get scar reduction. I was also manipulated with commnets such as you may be a seven. Look at your wet hair after a shower.

His website claims he was the Director of a large clinic. Bosley ?

I may still very confused.

I trusted this site and the Doctor.

I will say that the fue from Dr. Jones did not cause scarring and is starting to grow in nicely.

I wish I did have 1,800 to 2,500 fu's off the bat. I have had 4 procedures. 2 were corrective.

Here is another post from EastCoast.. Very unhappy Dr Gallagher Patient..

icon1.gif3 Hair Grafts in the Hairline

I went for a hairline touch up 2x and Doctor did not want to FUE very noticable 3 hair grafts in my hairline. He said there was much scarring to begin with.

I asked if we could plant a 1 in the hole and he said it would pit.

It looks terrible. I have about 7 to punch out.

Did anyone have this problem?

quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

#

2 Top report.gif

post_old.gif 04-03-2012, 12:14 PM

image.php?u=172586&dateline=1283774002 RCWest user_online.gif

Follicular Salvation Club Member

icon1.gif

Anything other than 1 hair grafts in the hairline is a no no. It's should be standard knowledge for any transplant surgeon.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 5000 mcg.

MSM 1500 mg. twice daily

Zinc 50 mg. daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

#

3 Top report.gif

post_old.gif 04-06-2012, 12:53 AM

image.php?u=160543&dateline=1275064039 Dr. Glenn M. Charles user_offline.gif

Honorary Real Hair Club Member

icon1.gif

That sounds like hair transplants 101 gone bad. The only patients I have ever seen that could get away with that are those with bleech blonde or white hair.

Dr. Glenn Charles is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

#

4 Top report.gif

post_old.gif 04-06-2012, 04:13 AM

image.php?u=174732&dateline=1310005597 NEWHAIRPLEASE user_offline.gif

Celestial Follicle Club Member

icon1.gif

Wow! 3 in the hairline. Where do these doctors come from?? How do they sale there product?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

#

5 Top report.gif

post_old.gif 04-10-2012, 12:00 AM

image.php?u=179935&dateline=1340314343 michaeljames user_offline.gif

Veteran Real Hair Club Member

icon1.gifHairline Dilemma

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoast viewpost.gif

I went for a hairline touch up 2x and Doctor did not want to FUE very noticable 3 hair grafts in my hairline. He said there was much scarring to begin with.

I asked if we could plant a 1 in the hole and he said it would pit.

It looks terrible. I have about 7 to punch out.

Did anyone have this problem?

Hey Mate,

The hairline's natural and attractive look is what determines for many people the success of their procedure.If a physician does not satisfy you with the results. I politely suggest move on to utilize another of the find doctors in this network. Without pics of your hairline it is hard for fellow users to give suggestions; however it would be prudent to always get another professional opinion.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician.

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

#

6 Top report.gif

post_old.gif 04-10-2012, 12:38 AM

image.php?u=160543&dateline=1275064039 Dr. Glenn M. Charles user_offline.gif

Honorary Real Hair Club Member

icon1.gif

You owe it to yourself to get another opinion or two. There is no harm in that and you might get some valuable information.

Dr. Glenn Charles is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

#7 Top report.gif

post_old.gif 05-14-2012, 08:52 PM

icon1.gif3's in Hairline and Doc Won't Take Out

Any ideas what to do this area looks like cxxp. I have to wear a hat. I have sparse 3's and 2's with some fine one's right at left forehead and down side temple area. One doc says he cant take out dissect and put in same hole as it might pit. Pitting may look better tha this. This whole area should be fine single and some doubles. It does match other side. Very concerned and frustated. please comment

Attached Thumbnails attachment.php?attachmentid=29493&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028663 attachment.php?attachmentid=29494&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028668 attachment.php?attachmentid=29495&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028672 attachment.php?attachmentid=29496&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028676 attachment.php?attachmentid=29497&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028681

attachment.php?attachmentid=29498&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028686 attachment.php?attachmentid=29499&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028690 attachment.php?attachmentid=29500&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028696 attachment.php?attachmentid=29501&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028701 attachment.php?attachmentid=29502&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028705

attachment.php?attachmentid=29503&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028710 attachment.php?attachmentid=29504&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028714 attachment.php?attachmentid=29505&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028719 attachment.php?attachmentid=29506&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028727 attachment.php?attachmentid=29507&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028745

attachment.php?attachmentid=29508&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1337028750

ThinningTop,

No offense, but are you just yanking our chain here? Three times you've asked about Dr. Gallagher and gotten extremely negative feedback and even now it is only "doubtful" that you will choose him? Same thing with Nu-Hart and Dr. Boles. You've asked about him and Nu-Hart here before and gotten negative feedback and warnings to steer clear.

Is there a reason you don't want to consult with one or more of the Coalition physicians or other physicians recommended on this site? Several are in close proximity to Philly if that is your concern (although locale should never be a primary concern when considering the lifelong decision of a hair transplant). You do know that this site maintains a list of recommended physicians that you can search by locale if you wish, right? There is never a guarantee of success when it comes to a ht, but at least the physicians recommended on this site have to have a body of good work and meet certain standards with regard to their clinics, technicians, and practice -- and many post their results here so you can evaluate them. I really think that your odds of getting a result you will be happy with will increase significantly if you would consult with some of the Coalition physicians or other physicians recommended here.