Am i going bald?

johnbath

First of all i'll give you a bit of background information, im a 19 year old male and ever since i was little i've had a high forehead and a receded hairline shape. But in the last few years I believe it has got gradually worse. In terms of hair i take after my Grandad on my mothers side. We have the same thickness of hair and he didn't recede until he was 40. My father had very little hair at my age and is practically bald now. But my question is, is my hairline just 'maturing' or am i starting to go bald? If i am, is there a way i can keep the hair i have already? Thankyou for your time.

P.s, sorry if the photos come out dodgy, my laptop is playing up.

5b32d3f570a78_photo1.jpg.25d3bf1305c7e6c95ee2bf5ebcc8c232.jpg

photo.jpg.3e9191c58d146a7ca9ce836261a45bfc.jpg

Hard to say. Was your hair naturally high? Or are you receding. My good friend has had the same naturally "odd looking redecing" hairline for a decade. He has had it since middle school, and is not losing his hair.

Yeah, as a baby my hairline looked kind of like a horse shoe. I've always had a fringe aswell to hide the high hairline haha.

I stood up and turned my head upside down to look :)

I do think it looks like the early stages of male pattern balding. However, some guys do see hairline recession early without it progressing very rapidly. This is especially so if treatments like Propecia are used.

If your hairline was always that shape then it might not be male pattern balding, but I'm just going by what I see here.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I stood up and turned my head upside down to look :)

I do think it looks like the early stages of male pattern balding. However, some guys do see hairline recession early without it progressing very rapidly. This is especially so if treatments like Propecia are used.

If your hairline was always that shape then it might not be male pattern balding, but I'm just going by what I see here.

Agree

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I would say yes, it looks like you're receding. As above, no one on here can say for sure, we havent seen what your hair used to look like, but at the same time I can't imagine your temples were that recessed in your early/ mid teens.

Don't get me wrong you still have plenty of hair but then you are only 19. And I say this not to frighten you but it's even worse to be in denial about it. My temples were the same at 19, I couldnt believe someone could start to go bald at that age but believe me it happens.

Don't get down about it, there are plenty of options available to you to help you maintain what you've got.......which, as everyone on here will attest, is a hell of a lot easier than getting it back when it's gone.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Looking at some photos from when i was younger it did look receded but it looks to have gone back a further cm or 2. If i started taking medication now would it help me maintain this hair till im atleast 40 or so? Plus, i've heard propecia has some nasty side effects, are there other remedies that are just as effective?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Looking at some photos from when i was younger it did look receded but it looks to have gone back a further cm or 2. If i started taking medication now would it help me maintain this hair till im atleast 40 or so? Plus, i've heard propecia has some nasty side effects, are there other remedies that are just as effective?

Propecia could help you retain your hair for many years, perhaps indefinitely. Some guys have been using it since the mid nineties with continued benefit. Of course we don't know how much genetics played a part in this and everyone responds differently. The same goes for side effects - some experience them, some don't. In my opinion it's worth a trial run at least.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I met a guy who is 44 years old he told me that he is using Propecia. He has perfect hair health. I started to use it. I already saw the benefits. Zinc is also very important element. I can definitely say as everybody knows.

I met a guy who is 44 years old he told me that he is using Propecia. He has perfect hair health. I started to use it. I already saw the benefits. Zinc is also very important element. I can definitely say as everybody knows.

What about the side effects down below? I really don't want some irreversible damage done

I didn't see any side effects. One guy told me only side effects on sexuality. that guy didn't tell me anything about it. And I have no side effects. I also started to use Shen min. I guess it is called like this. But Hairomega is better, they say so, after I finish it , I will start to use it. And my doctor recommended me Mezotherapy. If I have good results, I will definitely share with you.

Thankyou it's appreciated! If it gets any worse then im going to get a referral and get on some medication. Are there any good topical treatments?

Don't wait any longer. Do your research, think rationally and make a decision. If you think you will opt for Finasteride when push comes to shove, start it now.

Don't wait any longer. Do your research, think rationally and make a decision. If you think you will opt for Finasteride when push comes to shove, start it now.

I think i would, the only thing stopping me is the potential for permanent side effects