Wanna meet patients with 3000+ grafts

sdotj

Hi,

I've been really considering HT and I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger. I'm a NW5A, borderline NW6.

I'm very curious to see how the HTs look in person as opposed to pictures. Are there any patients here with 3000+ grafts that can meet me in Manhattan to discuss their HT over coffee? I work near Bryant Park in Manhattan.

Thanks

because he wants to see it in real life. for anyone that has had a HT they know that they have the "illusion of coverage" which is really an odd thing because you have full caliber hair (non thinning) that is just lower in density on your head. This leads to an appearance that is very different than someone who is naturally balding. This is why people refer to HTs as giving them "see through" hair. This is particularly the case for a NW5 or 6 in their midscalp and crown because of donor depletion issues and low density transplants.

Most HTs do NOT look good under a heavy spotlight, sunlight, or fluorescent light, but under warm incadescent lighting that most people use in homes, restaurants, and lounges they look great. Meeting in a coffee shop will give a favorable impression most likely because they aren't really that well lit.

I'd rather have the illusion of density than a bare head, so that's fine by me. All I'm hoping for from my HT is improvement.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I would disagree somewhat with this statement. I agree that HT will no doubt look much thinner under the harsh lightling stated here but that does not mean they "Don't look good". At least mine looks decent under this lighting and I was NW5.

"Most HTs do NOT look good under a heavy spotlight, sunlight, or fluorescent light, but under warm incadescent lighting that most people use in homes, restaurants, and lounges they look great."

Edited by Cant decide

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Even people who are not balding at all can have some form of see through appearance if the light is harsh enough.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

RC - I totally agree. I think those of us that are balding are so sensitive to scalp showing through that we forget that even many non balding folks (especially those with naturally fine hair) can show allot of scalp under direct and harsh lighting.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Yep that's true. I remember two years ago being out with a friend in the park on a really hot sunny day and he had a shaven head, it looked very see through and thin at the back. I thought he was destined to be following in my MPB footsteps soon. Since then, there has been no change at all. He still has a perfect head of thick hair all over, the sun light was just deceiving.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I would disagree somewhat with this statement. I agree that HT will no doubt look much thinner under the harsh lightling stated here but that does not mean they "Don't look good". At least mine looks decent under this lighting and I was NW5.

"Most HTs do NOT look good under a heavy spotlight, sunlight, or fluorescent light, but under warm incadescent lighting that most people use in homes, restaurants, and lounges they look great."

You look like you had a great result! Congrats! How many grafts did you get?