Transmed Turkey

sam1870

I am about to have a surgery with Transmed in Istanbul, Turkey, anyone have experience with them? and especially with FUE, also I might be having FUT too, so would like to know both, Please let me if they are anygood. I notice some experiences and reviews about this clinic here, but very strangely people are only posting about there procedure and then disapearing and not telling how there results were? Please do advise.

Well thank you Mob, but you did not tell me what you thought about the clinic and there quality, I am not concerened about cost just quality and results, and especially the scar in case of FUT, how wide is your scar? and did they use the trico closure method on you? it should be pencil thin and you should easily cut your hair to #2 without the scar being visibl.

Do you know anyone who had FUE with them?

Thanks for your help, Please be generoues with your explanation.

well Can't decide, you are looking very good, well worth the scar having results like this, how coud he get that many grafts in one session you must have a very flexible scalp, do you feel anything abnormal now? when you move your head down, is there any tension in scalp? are you happy with the results or you seem not very excited.

I met a guy Who had FUT and I don't know he had in Transmed. He was complaining that he still had pain and it is very sensitive. I don't understand why there are a lot of FUT fans here. I met with so many people who had FUE operations. Only one FUT. He had FUE in his second operation. Doctor told him because of FUT operation, they might take around 2200 hair grafts but he will do his best. Surprisingly they had 3500 hair grafts and he was very happy. In Turkey Transmed is one of the oldest clinic. So far I can tell you. You can consult with two other clinics in Turkey. Medhair Dr Serkan Aygin and Estethica Atasehir. I visited their clinics and got free consultation. I plan to have my operation in January. I will let you know if I get any reviews from a person who had operation in Transmed.

so libero, I suppose you dont recommend transmed, they told me they can do 3000 grafts in one day fue, so I knew they are not very delicate and half those grafts will not survive I guess, they are doing motor fue and big punches, which is a disaster, so I did not proceed

Most of the clinics they say We can do 3000-4000 or more. That Doctor told me that it is all up to your hair on the back of your head. If it is weak, they can only destroy. I saw several people who had damaged back. Because I also used to be a translator. It usually last 5-6 hours. FUE & good team. I work with arab tourits and their hair is usually weak. We, Turks usually have strong back. my friend had a FUE operation and nearly 4000 hair grafts in one session. Doctor usually recommends to use Hairomega, a shampoo and one spray I forgot the name of that one. I think that the most important part is after urgery you need to take care of transplanted hair. I can not say I don't recommend transmed. I don't know them and didn't visit them. Frankly, I don't want to anything against of them, because it won't be ethical in my mind. my turkish friend had an operation in Dr Serkan Aygin's hair clinic. If you choose his clinic, I can tell you only one thing, he is very busy and occupied with many Arab clients. If you have an operation for let's say 10 September, prepare yourself to have operation on 11 September with a delay. This is the only complaint I have heard about that clinic. I visited Estethica Istanbul yesterday and find out they are very professional. But they also have other branches such as plastic surgery, dental care. I prefer a clinic which is focused on one special area. Humble opinion.

Hi Sam,

My first two surgeries did result in very thin scars, between 1mm and 2mm. They did use the tricho method second time round, which was done by Dr Melike.

My third one is different, the back and left side seem very thin but right hand side was problematic so the Surgeon told me and scar is around 3mm but may change as I am only 2 months from surgery.

I am not too worried as I keep my hair long and there are scar disguise techniques such as FUE into scar with 100 grafts or so to get a result.

Take your pick, you can pay double, treble or quadruple for FUE, cost was important for me. FUE does not yield as much as FUT but getting better, also hair can get damaged due to transection at extraction. Read this forum and do your research but FUE and FUT are different, look at pros and cons of each. For me disguise was important and walking around with a shaved head was a big no no too as they do for FUE but nobody noticed my FUT with my long hair and styling.

FUT will always be around for people like me and having had the max number of FUT due to laxity will I now consider FUE but if this FUT achieves aims then I need to avoid hair greed and enjoy rather than plan no4 !

Hi LIbero1978

Estethica is a private hospital where surgeons rent or own parts of the building and facilities. This is very common practice in Turkey.

As a result, it is full of surgeons who specialize in certain aspects of plastic surgery (and some with years of experience in several different surgeries). It has many floors (7 i think) and half of the 4th floor is dedicated to HT's.

Who did you meet there? There are a few HT surgeons who either work for themselves, or are employed by HT clinics who use the facilities there. All are good though that i saw when out there.

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Hi LIbero1978

Estethica is a private hospital where surgeons rent or own parts of the building and facilities. This is very common practice in Turkey.

As a result, it is full of surgeons who specialize in certain aspects of plastic surgery (and some with years of experience in several different surgeries). It has many floors (7 i think) and half of the 4th floor is dedicated to HT's.

Who did you meet there? There are a few HT surgeons who either work for themselves, or are employed by HT clinics who use the facilities there. All are good though that i saw when out there.

Regards

Rob

yes it is like that how come you have so much information about each clinic? You stated that you don't work with Dr Eser, but you have examined all the details about Hair Transplantation in Istanbul. =) cool

What about Medhair? You didn't tell anything about them? are they good?

Hi Libero1978,

To answer your questions.....

I know a lot about Estethica well as that's the facilities where i had my HT!! but the company i use also have access to additional facilities at the Florence NIghtingale hospital too (for other, very complex procedures).

I know about DR. Eser as that's the surgeon who performed the surgery, as she is employed by the company who arranged the full procedure. I work in the banking industry and am nothing to do with the cosmetic surgery industry at all, apart from having an avid interest in HT procedures and other treatments available.

I know about how the private hospitals operate out there because i am a businessman and am interested to know how things run out there and runs/owns what... i'm nosy.

I have researched HTs and treatments in Turkey a lot as the more i learnt, the more i was convinced that Turkey was the best place for me to have it done.

I have heard about Medhair, but don't know much about them other than what they advertise on the internet.

Please remember, i live in the UK, not Turkey, so i wanted to deal with a company who i could speak to in the UK first and commit to, before flying out. Unlike you, i do not have the luxury of being able to have multiple consultations out there.

Who are you choosing for your work?

Thanks

Rob

Edited by s2thoudriver

2800 FUE, Istanbul

I think so, I will choose Medhair. more than 10 operations per day in a clinic, I met a lot of patients n their clinic. I do their airport transfers. Most of them are happy. word of mouth. I wait for before and after photos. 1250 euro is also very good deal. I am on budget. I saw the results, I checked the results of other clinics here. I will post the results after I ha the operation. If they are able to get 4000 hair grafts or more in one session, there is no price difference. I totally trust them now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Libero1978

Interested to hear how things went at MedHair? How many grafts did you get in the end and how is the recovery so far?

I'd like to know more about this so we can compare and contrast results for everyone to see on the forum. Think it will be a good comparison and will help others to gain access to lower cost FUE in Turkey with great results.

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Hi, I had a FUT at Transmed in May 2011. I have an old thread about it which I haven't updated. I didn't take decent photos, so I can only describe the results.

Firstly, I have to say I was not too happy with the way I was treated. I found Dr. Melike a little offhand, possibly distracted - she seemed very busy. I found the female agent to be a bit nasty. When I pointed out that the grafts were protruding 1-2mms the day after the transplant, they fobbed me off as if I were a bit of an idiot. Well a lot of those grafts didn't take, the hairs withered and died rather than fall out with a bulbous root end. The nurses at the operation seemed to be having trouble getting the grafts to stay in. They were tutting and going over the same area, and even got a hairdryer out to blow on it to cool it.

My take on it is that although they told me to lay off some things, vitamin C and E, I think, as it thins the blood, they didn't mention fish oil or garlic, both of which I am heavily into taking. I believe these caused the blood not to clot and hence the grafts wouldn't seat properly.

I knew at the time I wouldn't get an great result and I was right, so I feel annoyed that I wasn't taken seriously - they must have known the outcome would be sub-optimal. But that's not to say it isn't an improvement on what I had before, just that it could have been 30-40% better in my estimation.

I think they have it in their hands to produce great results at Transmed, but whether they can do so consistently depends on their ability to give full attention to each patient, IMHO.

Hi Libero1978

Also, i forgot to ask, which surgeon did your HT?

At the price you paid, i'm interested to know who performed the work, as those prices are usually associated with juniors/assistants doing the work.

Either that or that is one heck of a cheap surgeon. Or did you get a discount? as you stated you do the airport transfers for them...

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

• 3 years later...