Beard Hair Grafts... better coverage?

Do Beard hair grafts count for "more" than your average scalp hair graft because of the larger diameter/caliber of the hair.

I am just curious because I may want to use some for my crown. I can probably only get another 1000 FUE from scalp unfortunately. I was thinking of turning to beard grafts for further coverage.

Do Beard hair grafts count for "more" than your average scalp hair graft because of the larger diameter/caliber of the hair.

I am just curious because I may want to use some for my crown. I can probably only get another 1000 FUE from scalp unfortunately. I was thinking of turning to beard grafts for further coverage.

They do count for more but the naturalness can be a problem. If they lie flat to the scalp within the whirl of the crown they can be ok but if just scattered amongst regulay scalp FUE in the frontal and top areas they can b quite unnatural. Always singles and extremely course.

From what some folks say, if they are mixed in with regular hair (but not near front) and maybe cut shorter it could work. But as an isolated "monopolulation" (Dr. Shapiro's words), they may look weird grown out.