Query about medication after HT

Hello All,

I had my HT exactly 10 days ago.My Surgeon has prescribed Androanagen tab and Tugain solution 5 % for 6 months.I'm really worried about the side effects of Androanagen tablet listed in various sites.

Question here--Reason for medication after HT,is for good results or to preserve my unshed hair ?? !!

Thanks for the reply..

P.S:I couldn't my contact my surgeon due to her tight schedule,mean while posting here for expert feedback.

Interesting Question Daksh84. It would be preferable for your HT clinic to advise you as they are the only one who have seen and presumably assessed your hair before surgery. I prefer not to take any hair solutions or medications. That is my personal preference. But if I was advised by an HT Doc that my existing hair was minituarized and going to fall then I think I would have two choices. Medication to retain the hair not transplanted so that I had a good even growth of hair as my transplanted hair grew back or no medication which would see my original hair fading away and a second HT operation to correct this at some point in the future. You are absolutely doing the right thing by researching the medicine though. Better to be educated to the choices you have to make. And, who was your surgeon, what was your procedure and do you have any pics you want to share with us all. Well done on choosing to have your HT.

• 3 months later...

Tugain is an Indian brand of Minox, made by Cipla Laboratories (a pretty ok large firm).

Androanagen appears to be a mix of "natural" DHT blockers (Saw Palmetto and Green Tea), mixed with Apple extract and Biotin.

Basically, its Finasteride in another way, since it blocks DHT. If you develop sides due to DHT reduction and 5AlphaR reduction on Fin, even this product may be too strong.

On the other hand, go with what the doctor says. She is the expert. Not I.

Tugain is an Indian brand of Minox, made by Cipla Laboratories (a pretty ok large firm).

Androanagen appears to be a mix of "natural" DHT blockers (Saw Palmetto and Green Tea), mixed with Apple extract and Biotin.

Basically, its Finasteride in another way, since it blocks DHT. If you develop sides due to DHT reduction and 5AlphaR reduction on Fin, even this product may be too strong.

But do, go with what the doctor says. She is the expert. Not I. Even so, be aware of the ingredients and monitor your progress carefully, take notes if possible.

It is extremely rare that I have heard of these meds being prescribed post-op. IMHO, the trauma of the surgery is what precipitates the shockloss and causes the exisitng hair follicles to retreat to the resting phase, not the effects of DHT.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi, is there any cream I can use as my head feels really dry?

Had my Transplant (FUE) done 5 days ago.

Thanks

What did your surgeon recommend to use post-op?

Some advocate the use of a highly enriched cream with ingredients like aloe vera, vitamin E, etc.

I would suggest you ask your doctor what they recommend. ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY