Crown or front first?

I've booked with Dr Path in Bangkok in 5 week's time, and am working out what I need for the FUT. I'm a NW6, and their assessment from my photos is 4000, starting from the front. But I'd like to have the crown filled in first.

In our email discussion the clinic said most HT is done from the front first because that's where most people view us from. But of course people also see us from every angle including the back, and to me that's the part that reveals the most about balding.

Anyone had the crown done first and can tell me their experience with it?

The alternative is getting the front/top done this time and then the crown in 18 months. That's a long time to wait when I could have the crown growing nicely first! Of course if the clinic recommends front to back, I'll do that - they are the experts after all.

I'm looking forward to getting this done, whichever way it goes. This forum has been an invaluable source of info!

sunhead,

Generally speaking, the greatest impact will come from reframing your face with a new hairline. As you've already stated, this is where most people will be looking as you interact with them. In my opinion, you get more bang for your buck by stating this way.

Good luck whatever you decide. Dr. Path is a genius.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

David,

Yes, I've since spent a lot more time looking at the HT photo section, and it seems the greatest impact is at the front. Some of the pics are amazing - I'd be very pleased to get even part of some of those results. Thanks for your suggestion!

Plus, it's easier to apply concelaers on the crown once the front is taken care off. but it's really hard to apply concealers on the hairline (not natural and easier to predict).

Once more thing, if you run out of grafts along the way, you can use body hair on the crown to thick it up, but again if you use body hair on the front, in my openion it will not look natural.