How Bald Will i Become - Confused to Have an HT

Sorry to bother you Guys again.. But I am in a Confused State Now.. Need Some Advice.. I'm 22 Old and B/w NW 1-2.... Always had a NW1 During Teenage..

Contacted Dr Pathuri Madhu and Discussed about My Situation and Details

He assured that 800 Graft FUT would Restore my Hairline to Normal Considering my Stress and Depressed state.. he Recommended Using Medical Treatments Though..

Just had Some Research.. Sorry if i'm Wrong... Its said that these Bad genes are Inherited From Mothers Side.. (Grandfather)...

My Paternal Grandfather wasn't Bald till he was 50.. and During his 70 he might be a NW 3-4... My Dad is not Bald Not even my Uncles

On my mothers Side Grandfather was NW 3 From a Photgraph i saw when he was around 45... And he Was like that till his Oldage ...

Even My Uncles on Mothers side are NW 3... Both of them...

So My Question is This ... Is it Safe to Undergo a Hairtransplant Now??

Will i get more worser than My Grandpa and Uncle.. ie Beyond NW 3....

If no then i Think i can get a HT now:)... else CONFUSED :confused:

I Might be between NW 1-2 now... I always had a High Forehead.. But now with this Recession i feel So Depressed... No HairFall Now .. Stabilised....

But Read that stress may make Ur Baldness Worse... If i Dont get an HT now

I Would be Stressed throughout just like now.. What Should i Do...

Afraid of Taking Minoxidil as Some Guys Lost their Existing Hair Permanently..

I cant even think of that.

So My Question is This ... Is it Safe to Undergo a Hairtransplant Now??

If you are 22 then the answer is no. Listen to your doctor and get on Finasteride ASAP. It's a far more effective treatment in combating hair loss than Minoxidil.

Will i get more worser than My Grandpa and Uncle.. ie Beyond NW 3....

No one can predict the future so the answer is there's no way to tell how bad your hair loss will become. If you do end up getting a HT in a few years then you must plan with the worst case scenario in mind.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I agree completely. The good thing though is that it does not sound like you have any advance classes of hairloss on either side of your family history. Still, as aaron stated, it is unpredictable and if i was you, I would wait it out.

Most young men do not want to lose the nice juvenile hairline they had. Yet we all must face the fact that we all are getting older and our hairlines will naturally move higher with time.

Also be cautious and informed that starting HTs will commit you to more surgery in the future.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

All depends....are you a risk taker or coonservative?

If you get a HT now you run the risk of losing alot and having to deal with consequences 20 years down the road..OR they might have unlimited stem cell therapy by then??

Finasteride at 22....lower your test levels in the youthful time of your life....makes no sense to me....another risk...maybe it wont have any side effects or maybe they could be harmful.....

Point is you will always the conservative side on here.....which are usually older guys whom play it safe...i mean how realistic is to to point out to a 25 year old to "hold off" , and when you are 50 you will have to mature hairline that looks great..... in theory its a great plan, but youll never take the risk to get what you want...i am 45, Dr alvi did my hairline which some on here would say he is placing them too low, but i wouldnt change it for the world...

Have to remember, and no disrespect to any of the fine gentlemen that give great advice ont his forum, but these are the same guys that would tell you not to spend but invest, dont get a tat as you might regret it when your 60....never take suppliments and they might have adverse effects when you are older.....good smart advice but sometimes you have to take a risk to live in the now...

Some would disagree but thats just my opinion,,,,,

having said that i wouldnt put 4000 grafts in the hairline, but get all the advice you can from docs such as rehal. Shapiro, or the experts in the feild...its all up to you but know the risks and be prepared to deal with whatever happens down the road, and the gentlemen before stated you will have more surgeries which is a given.........

for me it took 4 over 10 years, but it was worth it....