Chasing the dragon

Hi Guys,

Any long time HT people out there know about thinning a few years after HT?

Does it look strange if the native hairs behind the HT hairline are lost due to natural aging?

I'm 42 now but I'm wondering how I might look at 52 or 62 (a time when a lot of men seem to lose hair).

I'm on Propecia but I'm also pretty sure I'll be losing more up front in the next 10 years.

Does getting a HT mean I/you will be forever in need of more operations (until donor hair is depleted?)

Thanks,

Magnum

5b32d377443f0_hairpic.jpg.807d9d1acaf4ee6dce25b0566ee78a3b.jpg

That is something that can certainly happen over time, and why many patients come in for additional treatments over the years. The transplanting will be done in a way where it will still look natural but you may want to get a touch up if that were to happen. Usually people decide to do a touch up before that area gets completely bald so it won't look as drastic.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

HT like any other cosmetic surgery usually require a touch up "here and there" "over the years" to maintain the desired result

not such a big deal

if you manage your expectations

And it's mostly attributable to the fact that MPB is progressive. And to those of us getting beyond 40's and 50's, our hormones are changing all the more and why effective hairloss meds are just as critical to maintaining as much natural hair that is DHT receptive as possible.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY