Upcoming surgery 1700 grafts

After years of debating if I would go through with having a hair transplant performed, tring other non surgical methods I have scheduled my first surgery with Dr. Michael Beehner for early August. I am having 1500 all FU grafts transplanted and 200 FUE :). Very excited for it considering I have been losing my hair since I was 19 and was fully bald on top by 21 with a NW5a or NW6. Will keep you all posted how it goes, wish me luck :D

GreenLink,

I congratulate you on your choice of physicians. Dr. Beehner is highly skilled and well respected. Please continue to update us on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Congratulation Greenlink and keep us posted.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I have scheduled my first surgery...

I have been losing my hair since I was 19 and was fully bald on top by 21 with a NW5a or NW6.

Congrats and good luck.

Are you on meds?

How many surgeries is Dr. Beehner advising for a NW5A-NW6?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Thanks all :). Dr. Beehner is advising in total 2 or 3 surgeries total to get a natural look. Not currently taking any meds. This decission took years of thought and I finally found a surgeon who I have great confidence in. I will keep you all posted and upload pics before and after my first surgery.

Good luck. Is there a reason to start so small as far a graft number?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 5 weeks later...

I have now been through my first hair transplant surgery now =). Dr. Beehner raised the graft count to 2343 grafts and I am now using GraftCyte for healing. The surgical team was very friendly and did a terrific job. I'll post up pics soon