How soon to start bio-oil on FUE donor site?

11 days ago I had my second FUE procedure, and I'm healing up nicely with very little scabbing and crusting.

I had very little scarring of my donor region after the last procedure (probably lucky that I'm fair-skinned), but this time I wanted to minimise that even further by using bio-oil on the donor site.

I just wondered what people thought was the best time to start this? My donor puncture wounds are all closed up and are now just fading pinkish spots (no longer broken skin), so I've started massaging the oil in today. Too soon? Or no problem? Would love to hear other opinions on this. :confused:

Also, any other tips for minimising FUE donor scars would be appreciated! Used aloe vera gel last time, but did find that it left the scalp feeling tight as it dried out after application.

Edited by rws

• 11 years later...

I was really pleased with my healing - it's a long time ago now, but I've got no visible scarring or pocking on my donor sites. I have quite light skin, which helps, but I think the bio-oil definitely played its part too. Used it all three times I had FUE, and definitely think it's worth a try.

• Like 1