Dr Frank Manzanares

Hi all,

I'm a 27 year old British expat living in Manila, currently around a Norwood 4/5V, somewhere in the middle at least. I've been quoted a very reasonable price from what I see with Dr Frank Manzanares for 3000 grafts using the strip method.

I was wondering if anyone on the forum had any experience with this doctor or of hair transplantation in Asia and could give their opinion.

Personally, I havent been able to find out very much about him online but I cant imagine that everybody publicises their cosmetic treatments. He mentioned that he was originally US based and has been doing procedures for around 20 years.

I'm scheduled to go in for the procedure on Friday but stumbled upon this website and i'm now asking myself if it is worth taking the time to contact the other surgeons that people seem to use on here.

Thanks

shpetros,

I'm afraid I cannot comment on Dr. Manzanares's work as I have not heard much about him. However, I can point you in the direction of the criteria we use to recommend hair transplant surgeons here.

While our list of recommended hair restoration surgeons is by no means comprehensive, we always recommend that prospective hair transplant patients do exhaustive research before going under the knife. You only get one shot at a first hair transplant. So, in other words, it is most definitely worth taking the time to not only consult with a number of physicians but also to communicate with real patients.

If you would like to limit your choices to doctors in Asia I suggest the starting with the following in no particular order.

Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich Thailand

Dr. Radha Palakurthi India

Dr. Pathuri Madhu India

Dr. Humayun Mohmand Pakistan

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 years later...

Hi shpetros,

I was wondering if you had any feedback an Dr. Manzanares. Did you go through with the HT? If so, were you happy with the results?

I'll be relocating to Manila and I'm considering an HT upon arrival.

Thanks in advance for your response.

• 3 years later...
Hi all,

I'm a 27 year old British expat living in Manila, currently around a Norwood 4/5V, somewhere in the middle at least. I've been quoted a very reasonable price from what I see with Dr Frank Manzanares for 3000 grafts using the strip method.

I was wondering if anyone on the forum had any experience with this doctor or of hair transplantation in Asia and could give their opinion.

Personally, I havent been able to find out very much about him online but I cant imagine that everybody publicises their cosmetic treatments. He mentioned that he was originally US based and has been doing procedures for around 20 years.

I'm scheduled to go in for the procedure on Friday but stumbled upon this website and i'm now asking myself if it is worth taking the time to contact the other surgeons that people seem to use on here.

Thanks

Just wondering how you went with your procedure?