New Member and need advice, Pics

comeundone916

Hey guys, Im new to this forum. Im 27, I have been having thinning hair for ever since i was about 20-21. And In last 3-4 I have been balding in on the top back of my head, crown or vertex area?

I tried Rogaine foam for only 2-3 months with no results, busy schedule messed me up. I will be going back to Rogaine foam starting this week. Like everyone else here, this is a horrible feeling especially being this young (?)

I was also wonder about propecia and how to get it. Ive done my research and i read all about it, Im still a little scared of it for "sexual side effects." I feel like I have a low testosterone level already. I dont know what else to do, I was hoping for advice for this type of balding ???

Thanks

IMG_5309.JPG.2071e1aefc2b17fbe6db746103353967.JPG

IMG_5307.JPG.89aeec3601ff70b71d8fa3b2b766ac81.JPG

IMG_5310.JPG.2b4f5307e1d658524d81c03069b50abb.JPG

IMG_5313.JPG.f3f5b053384e719058751a9854ab2262.JPG

IMG_5311.JPG.8afdf981464cb022ef5e48d6ed1a88d4.JPG

Hi,

My suggestion is use Rogaine and ensure you use it everyday. I have been using generic minioxidil 5% for more than 5 years now and honestly I like applying it. I feel it adds some volume to my hair and I use it to style my hair also (may sound funny). The day I dont apply it I feel my hair is dull. Try rogaine for a couple of months and then move to finastride. May be rogaine helps you and you dont need to move to finastride...But dont delay...Also I really dont feel you will see any results in the first month. So use it religously for a couple of months and then see if it helps.

The thinning on your crown is similar to mine and I use Nanogen to cover it. Since its a small patch, my nanogen last for more than 3 months...

All the best and keep posting your results...

Regards,

Sandy

Go to your GP or dermatologist for a finasteride prescription.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Guys,

I am seriously considering a HT surgery very soon. I'm a bit nervous to pull the trigger. My loss is not terrible but i'm losing in the temple and the back crown area. I want to restore my hair the way I used to have it. I have consulted with a Dr. in NYC to do the FUE method. I want to keep it discrete and be able to go back to work asap. Can anyone make any suggestions or recommend the best Doctor in the NYC area? The results from his site look amazing and natural. Is this something I could too expect? I am running low on options.

Thank you!

I would definitely consult with t&d and feller, but I feel I should tell you upfront that dr feller will definitely suggest strip for you. Not saying he wouldn't do fue, but I originally wanted fue and after 2 consults with him I went with strip...also there is a guy named spex on here who is far more knowledgable than I am, he can definitely give you sound advice. Good luck man!

I've received various price ranges on strip vs. FUE. FUE is definitely the way I want to go in case I ever want to wear my hair shorter. Could anyone advise on what the typical prices would be for FUE? I've received estimates. I'm looking at 2000 in 2 HT's when it is all said and done. So, it is going to be a bit costly. How about instrumentation used, do you suggest leaving it up to the Doctor (ie. type of tool used, the .5/.7/.9/1.1mm gauge. Do all doctors use blades vs. needles now? I saw a youtube demonstration on needles vs. blades and blades appear to be less invasive in terms of diameter damage to the tissue.

Does Dr. Epstein do FUE? I heard him on the a radio show one time and he seemed critical of it.

Either Drs True or Feller is what you are going to get from most of the people on this forum.

I believe FUE is FUE with E meaning extraction and FUT and FUM are interchangeable. I could be wrong though.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hey guys, Im new to this forum. Im 27, I have been having thinning hair for ever since i was about 20-21. And In last 3-4 I have been balding in on the top back of my head, crown or vertex area?

I tried Rogaine foam for only 2-3 months with no results, busy schedule messed me up. I will be going back to Rogaine foam starting this week. Like everyone else here, this is a horrible feeling especially being this young (?)

I was also wonder about propecia and how to get it. Ive done my research and i read all about it, Im still a little scared of it for "sexual side effects." I feel like I have a low testosterone level already. I dont know what else to do, I was hoping for advice for this type of balding ???

Thanks

Definitely get on meds fin&minoxidil now, it will take some months to see any halt to your hair loss and you could in time see some new growth in the crown area. But don't really expect to see any new growth through the mid section and hair line, as meds only really concentrate on the crown area. Looking at your pics you look like you could be a candidate for a HT if thats the road you intend to go down, if it is then research research research. Everyone is here to help you mate regards.